• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV strobe Light connector

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
LMTV convoy strobe beacon Light connector

I Think I've read it some where her but I've looked for hours and can not find the part number for the plug that would directly fit the existing plug for the strobe light.
What I can gather it's a 2 pin twist lock Amphenol connector, the twist lock portion has 3 engagement pins.
Does anyone have a part number and source?

UPDATE: It appears that the Part # is CA3106E10SL-4P-B-02 MADE BY ITT/CANNON
After I receive the part I ordered and test it I'll come back and put verified.

12/29/17
I installed it and verified it is a good part number.

Last edited:

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a military strobe/beacon/convoy light but it has the wrong plug on it. So I’m only needing the correct plug.

wandering neurons

I'm looking to put a regular light bar (yellow) on the roof of my M1081 and was wondering the same thing. Some sleuthing turns up the following:
The plug on the back of the cab is 12v and ground - will have to see what the polarity is. The part number from the -24P is CA3100E10SL-4S-B-02. ITT/Cannon's catalog broke down the part number. The reverse part, the plug for the light, should be a CA3106E10SL-4P-B-02 (straight plug) or
CA3108E10SL-4P-B-02 (90-degree plug
I found parts all over the place looking up this part number, such as Mouser.com
Finally, there's another post covering the same thing -
https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?138273-FMTV-Rotating-Amber-Beacon
Caio...

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Wandering Neurons, the ITT/Cannon part # CA3106E10SL-4P-B-02 seems to be correct looking at a 2-D drawing on ITT/Cannon site. So I ordered one from Newark. After I receive it and test it I'll update this thread.
FYI the link to the other post had the same part number BUT missing an"E" in it, then a couple posts later, in that thread it had the part # with the "E" in it.
Thanks for all the input guys!

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Wandering Neurons, the ITT/Cannon part # CA3106E10SL-4P-B-02 seems to be correct looking at a 2-D drawing on ITT/Cannon site. So I ordered one from Newark. After I receive it and test it I'll update this thread.
FYI the link to the other post had the same part number BUT missing an"E" in it, then a couple posts later, in that thread it had the part # with the "E" in it.
Thanks for all the input guys!
That thread shows up in the 6th hit searching google "LMTV convoy light connector".
That's why I suggested changing your search terms to the military's name for the light.

https://www.google.com/search?sourc...sy-ab..2.1.116.0..33i22i29i30k1.0.XOqWQVQFU_M

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been doing my best to put stuff like that in the parts spreadsheet. It was in there already, with a link.

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The connector arrived and it worked perfectly.
IMG_0189.jpgIMG_0186.jpgIMG_0187.jpgIMG_0188.jpgIMG_0193.jpg
Be careful the light is polarity sensitive and hooking it up incorrectly blew a 5amp fuse inside the light.
This is how mine need to be wired, but check and test yours before soldering and doing final installation of the plug.

Attachments

Last edited:

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I tried editing my original post and added Convoy and Beacon to the thread title but it didn't work. Does any one know a way to change the title of this thread to include Convoy and Beacon? In hopes others can find it when they don't know the proper name of it. And if there are other names that should be added let me know so I can include them as well.
Thanks
Keith

Sgthoffer

I tried editing my original post and added Convoy and Beacon to the thread title but it didn't work. Does any one know a way to change the title of this thread to include Convoy and Beacon? In hopes others can find it when they don't know the proper name of it. And if there are other names that should be added let me know so I can include them as well.
Thanks
Keith
Can u pm me a link to buy this

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks
Keith
PM a moderator to change the title.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks