• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Tie rod boot

sargentwolf

I've tried searching, either my google-foo skills are getting rusty in my old, kidney stone infected age, or this hasn't come up yet. Which I find very hard to believe.

My passenger side tie rod boot is ripped in several spots. Is there a drop-in replacement or someone that sells them? Going to wrap it up in silicon tape and attempt to reseal it for now.

Ill post a pic later today after I both take a pic and the pain-killer coma is over.

TIP: dont ever get kidney stones. they are a royal suck fest.

sargentwolf

So! Passed the 4mm stone.. but have 5 more total saved up....yayyyy...

Snagged a pic of the boot.

20160902_160207[1].jpg

I can just remove the castle nut when it comes time to swap it out, right? No need to screw with adjusting the entire tie-rod?

PanamaMV

Energy suspension makes universal boots. There is a tutrial and chart on there site energysuspensionparts.com/universal-dust-boots.asp

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Energy suspension makes universal boots. There is a tutrial and chart on there site energysuspensionparts.com/universal-dust-boots.asp
I have thought about doing this on mine too. I wish more ball joints and TRE's came with polyurethane boots already installed.