• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Tire O-Rings

timberrrrrr

There are lots of threads regarding the tire o-rings for military trucks, but having a hard time finding the part number to confirm I am ordering the correct O-Rings.

Anybody know a good part number and a good source? If I understand correctly they are 20" x 3/8" thick?

timberrrrrr

I called haltec, they said part number or420 is .5” diameter and they don’t have an o ring to match the specs

I called gempler and they claim not to have the part either

I called les schwab and they only have part number 50184 which I think is for a humvee

I’m striking out here. Why are these o rings such a pain to find?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
See reference below. It is actually OR4201A in their system as a 19.5" o ring. My receipt from my purchase is below. use

Call gemplers and tell them to reference the Oring to # SO1978245 or the Item # in the picture below.

Attachments

Last edited:

timberrrrrr

See reference below. It is actually OR4201A in their system as a 19.5" o ring. My receipt from my purchase is below. use

Call gemplers and tell them to reference the Oring to # SO1978245 or the Item # in the picture below.

I just went onto Gemplers and looked up #s or4201a and S01978245.

Neither number comes up on their system. I see it on your invoice, it should be easy to find, but no luck. When I talked to them today, they said they discontinued a lot of their tire stuff.

I did find the O-rings on Eriks Military for $16.75. Seems a little spendy, but doesn't seem to be much other option out there.

Thank you for the help!!!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I just went onto Gemplers and looked up #s or4201a and S01978245.

Neither number comes up on their system. I see it on your invoice, it should be easy to find, but no luck. When I talked to them today, they said they discontinued a lot of their tire stuff.

I did find the O-rings on Eriks Military for $16.75. Seems a little spendy, but doesn't seem to be much other option out there.

Thank you for the help!!!
You have to call them or email techserv@gemplers.com

They order them from Haltec directly so it's a non stock for them. The SO# will pull up in their system so they can see the drop ship information

timberrrrrr

OK, here's an update, geeeez this is turning out to be a royal pain in the . . .

Called Gemplers, gave them the part numbers on the invoice Simp included above. Nobody knows what to do with those numbers. I ask for Tech support, they say it is a non stocked item and they will call the manufacturer and call me back. 5 hours later, no call. I call them back looking for answers, I can sense the deer in the headlight look even over the phone. Still no answers from Gemplers.

I then called Haltec and asked them about the O-rings for a second time. I couldn't get anywhere with customer service so I asked for one of their engineers. This guy knew what I was talking about. Apparently the OR4201 is a number the military asks them to stamp on the o-ring. It isn't a Haltec part number. Haltec's part number is 524961000013. I thanked him and was transferred back to customer service. I asked if they had them in stock. They confirmed they did, but they wouldn't sell them to me, I have to go through a dealer. They gave me numbers for dealers. I called the dealers, and was met with what I assume was the deer in the headlights look again. Apparently Haltec's part numbers are typically 6 digits or less and giving them a 12 digit number was just way more than they could handle.

I then went to Eriks Military Surplus thinking this is way to painful, I will spend the $16.75 an o-ring to get this over with. I then went to check out and was met with a fee of $28 and some change to ship me the 5 o-rings. I just couldn't do it.

Why is it so hard to find suppliers for these o-rings? Isn't everybody changing their o-rings when they put new tires on?

OK, I will quit whining now.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
When calling gemplers to order the OR420A o rings use reference quote QT0060297. This is in their system and will pull up the order information and their vendor order. Freight shipping is $10. Their cost at the moment is $18.74 each