• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Truck Prices

Lmtv772

Banned
What we should avoid is throwing money at middle-men, brokers, flippers, etc. who do not add value to the deal in any form. Those people just drive up the market for buyers. Even if you thinks that's great when you are a seller, remember that you were and most like will again be a buyer.
I partially agree to that. However, It does cost money for fees, transport, maintenance labor and such.
So if I can buy a truck for say a grand over the cost of it all, then it is a good deal.
it beats bidding on a truck you don't know the history of. Trying to save money by going to the base and attempt a recovery, fail at it and brake down. or find out that you just don't know enough about these vehicles. I'd rather buy a truck from someone and know it has been gone through and is drivable and safe.
I offered one of our trucks to a member here for a great price. He went and bid on a truck and spent 4k more than the price I gave him, he hasn't driven the truck or transported, yet. There are parts missing of it.
He would have saved about 5k by buying my truck. If you think cutting out people who know these trucks and know how to fix them and have fixed the truck before selling onto you is a wise financial decision , then yes, by all means do that.

I agree many sellers (you'll probably find those on evilbay) don't care at all and sell you a truck with photo's on a trailer. But others do care and want you to succeed in your newfound hobby. I pride myself to be that kind of person.

Last edited:

alpine44

I partially agree to that. However, It does cost money for fees, transport, maintenance labor and such.
So if I can buy a truck for say a grand over the cost of it all, then it is a good deal.
it beats bidding on a truck you don't know the history of. Trying to save money by going to the base and attempt a recovery, fail at it and brake down. or find out that you just don't know enough about these vehicles. I'd rather buy a truck from someone and know it has been gone through and is drivable and safe.
I offered one of our trucks to a member here for a great price. He went and bid on a truck and spent 4k more than the price I gave him, he hasn't driven the truck or transported, yet. There are parts missing of it.
He would have saved about 5k by buying my truck. If you think cutting out people who know these trucks and know how to fix them and have fixed the truck before selling onto you is a wise financial decision , then yes, by all means do that.

I agree many sellers (you'll probably find those on evilbay) don't care at all and sell you a truck with photo's on a trailer. But others do care and want you to succeed in your newfound hobby. I pride myself to be that kind of person.
My comment about flippers adding no value was not aimed at businesses like yours. You retrieve the trucks, perform maintenance, and do other things that add value and should be paid for.
I was thinking about the folks who buy stuff on GL or GP and list the item in the same condition on fleabay two days later at twice the price. We have all seen them and should not steer potential buyers their way.

BTW: I am looking forward to your class to learn more about these vehicle so that - some day - I can get to some base with a toolbox and drive home with an LMTV. That's an adventure and that's why I mess with MVs in the first place. ;-)

Last edited:

MaiNiaK

I had seriously thought about buying one that someone had on ebay. But most didn't say anything about them going through them before listing them for sale. Most were between 15 - 20 grand. So in the end it came down to me taking a gamble (I mean how many issues could a truck have that sat most it's life and had less that 10k miles?). It could have gone horrible wrong. But it didn't and I ended up getting a decent truck.
I grew up around automotives though, my father is a car salesmen and my mother and stepfather owned and operated a garage for 20+ yrs. So I know my way around a vehicle. I haven't had tons of experience with diesels though, but have had some. But I have a bunch of friends that service logging trucks and construction equipment.
If I didn't have experience with vehicles I probably would have bought from a reseller...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks