• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV working at the mine

Shark Bait

I helped a large, local coal operation locate and acquire the LMTV a few years ago. 2015 I think it was. They originally wanted it as a inexpensive "parts runner" on the job. They had always bought Ford cab and chassis F-350's before and put a flat bed on them. The guys would ruin them in less than a year and at $50k+ each, they wanted a different option. They purchased this truck for a fifth of the price of a new Ford and put it to work. It did great, however, the warehouse guys hated driving it. My guess was no stereo. They used the excuse of no A/C. That's why you see the RV unit on top. We installed an inverter to power that big unit. It will freeze you out! I also installed a CB and two way radio. Then the guys complained it rode too rough. The company added a nice spring seat out of an Isuzu cab over truck. Still the guys whined. Finally, they quit using it for running parts and put the steam/pressure washer and tank on it. I only see it sit now when I go up there. It's almost like a sad puppy that's made to stay on the porch. Lol.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

snowtrac nome

I don't know what the beef is the only complaint I have about mine is climbing in. I drive a f550 at work its a pig the ride will jar your guts out and the turning radius is like a hemmtt. My best guess is like you say no radio and cant do 80mph.