• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Load bank model a698

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today we had the opportunity to play a little with some power, have a 125KW genny that had an IP replaced and 'needed' to load test it to verify the repair, *not really but its fun*

Largest load tester I have is Essex A698,

IMG_1352.JPG

We ran the load tester wide open, pulled 225 amps per leg, guessing about 75kw, you could feel the cable humming.

IMG_1358.JPG IMG_1359.JPG

Ran the genny about 10 minutes full load on tester and we 'smelled' something warm. A couple of the loads were letting off some smoke, amp values did not change enough to notice

*video is loud, turn down your sound*

So, I guess my question is, are these supposed to smoke? I did not have this issue with 33kw, I did use compressed air and blew off all the dust prior to running, nothing else was hot except the load cells, had 1ea 1.25 cell that smoked and 2ea of the 2.5 cells that smoked,

any suggestions or comments or complaints are greatly appreciated.

Guyfang

Staff member
Been a while since I used one. Good equipment. We used one of these and three A427 Load Banks to test turbines. We could get close to 200 KW. They were mounted on the front of the Engineer Shop Repair Van. Do you have the TM?

No, not supposed to smoke.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Been a while since I used one. Good equipment. We used one of these and three A427 Load Banks to test turbines. We could get close to 200 KW. They were mounted on the front of the Engineer Shop Repair Van. Do you have the TM?

No, not supposed to smoke.

I have not found a TM yet, there was a thread from 2016 that you commented on but didnt post a tm that i could find

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks