• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Load O Trailers

dilvoy

I recently picked up some trailers from GL. They turned out to be unused and were replaced with new production of the same model. They are M1102's made by Silver Eagle. Very nice trailers. They are really made to pull behind a Humvee, but anything with a Pintle hitch will pull them. The body is aluminum and uses two landing legs that are stowed at the front. They plug in at the rear at two hard points. The jack at the front of the trailers is a dream, because hooking up is a one man job with it and it swivels horizontal so it won't get in the way during cross country driving. It also has a caster wheel so pushing it around is easier too. I don't think they are as nice looking as the M101A3 trailers, but they are very well made and engineered.

Attachments

krall

how did that set up haul for you? thinking now that might be how I will have to pick up here shortly, the ones on the back, did that rub on the tail gate? or did you remove it? did you block the top trailer any??

sorry for the milion questions just trying to plan ahead.

KsM715

Talk about FWA.

Dont get me wrong, I'd love to have one of those, but I dont think they should be surplusing them out already. I bet there are units out there that are still waiting to get theirs.

dilvoy

Talk about FWA.

Dont get me wrong, I'd love to have one of those, but I dont think they should be surplusing them out already. I bet there are units out there that are still waiting to get theirs.

These trailers would have been put into the DRMO System before GL Got their hands on them so those units need to use their system. Maybe they are so used to getting new stuff that they forgot about the DRMO?

dilvoy

how did that set up haul for you? thinking now that might be how I will have to pick up here shortly, the ones on the back, did that rub on the tail gate? or did you remove it? did you block the top trailer any??

sorry for the milion questions just trying to plan ahead.

The two stacked trailers are held in place with chains and binders with ratchet straps for added safety. The top trailer was loaded about five inches forward on the lower trailer so there was no tail heavy problem. I wrapped the chains where they were going to rub on the lower trailer's tailgate with some cloth and retained it to the chain with zip ties. I have a rough terrain forklift so the unloading was easy, but with four guys a couple of come alongs and some planks it could have been done by hand. The trailers are only 1,500 lbs so just a bit of care would be needed to keep people from getting hurt.

krall

ah yeah that might be my down fall, taking it off, didn't think of that, how did you do the lights? put your own magnetic light on the back or did you find/make an addapter?

KsM715

These trailers would have been put into the DRMO System before GL Got their hands on them so those units need to use their system. Maybe they are so used to getting new stuff that they forgot about the DRMO?

I understand that but common sense (oh yeah were talking about our Gov.) would tell you these are new trailers someone could use them. I bet one phone call to the manufacture would tell you that they probably have an order for hundreds if not thousands of those trailers. Surely there could be some sort of program where anyone at DRMO could check their inventory against a supply order.

dilvoy

I understand that but common sense (oh yeah were talking about our Gov.) would tell you these are new trailers someone could use them. I bet one phone call to the manufacture would tell you that they probably have an order for hundreds if not thousands of those trailers. Surely there could be some sort of program where anyone at DRMO could check their inventory against a supply order.

I see what you are talking about, but it dosen't make sense for the DRMO to go calling anyne who might need what they have. They should have a list and any needy entity can search for it. Maybe these units got tired of getting mislabled things or things that were broken or diden't have the MWO's that made them be allowed to be used by a unit. The early models of these trailers did have some problems and there were three MWO's to fix the problems. These trailers do have the MWO tags, but no one requested them so they were sold to the highest bidder.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any unit can go to their supply, fill out a form, have it signed correctly and take custody of almost anything in a DRMO. Problem is, it is too easy just to order a new one. For example, we are a small squadron with 6 planes but we have 4 brand new Yamaha Rhino's. Why? Because there's always money at the end of the FY and if you don't spend it you will have less next year.:cookoo:

KsM715

Ugh. Dont get me started on that stupid unwritten rule. I to was in the USAF and "had" to spend left over budget money at the end of the fiscal year.

Do you know how many tools I turned in as unservicable just because it was scratched or the handle was marred all because we had an upcoming inspection and we were not going to get dinged for unservicable tools. :cookoo:

:rant:

crasheej

We did what we had to do while I ran the shoppes at different bases. Spend it or loose out next time around. You learn to play the game by the written and unwritten rules.