• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Load out help Newcastle, DE and GL questions M923a2

Jeep Nasty

I just got my invoice for 7/5/13 GL win of M923A2 in Newcastle, DE. I was looking for some help when the time comes for pickup. First I can't open my invoice with iPad and I'm at camp without a computer. The invoice webpage says must be picked up within ten day, is this after the EUC clears? This will be my first EUC. If it has to be picked up within the next ten days, not ten days from EUC I may be in trouble because I fly to Utah on vacation this wed for a week.

i am somewhat familiar with these 5 tons, but any help at recovery with a "new" to me one would be great.

between the local PD and my Sheriff's office we have a 5 ton tractor, 2 923a2 cargos and a dump truck, but they were in perfect condition when we got them so I don't know what problems to look for. I use them for our swat training with our armored HMMWV, ( hopefully getting MRAP soon)so I have driven them before.
I have insurance covered, temp tags covered and my air brake CDL is happening this tues.

any help is greatly approximated, thanks.
-Chris

jedawson1

Most trucks are not requiring an EUC these days, better double check. Pick up is 10 days after EUC if it is required.

Pure Trip inspection is worth its weight, need to know if parts are missing or falling off, and if tires hold air, and if it runs.

Good Luck.

Scarecrow1

Like the man said I don't Think you read the artical correctly but, a quick phone call will let you know what you have to do. I feel that you may need to arrange for someone to be on stand by to retrieve your truck.............

Jeep Nasty

Well if its ten days from paid in full, ill pay Monday morning and I should be fine I get there, if not ill have to find someone to recover then ill meet them down there. My bad on EUC, I though most needed it.

jedawson1

Does your PD have a fleet maintenance department? Could you convince one of them to go with you? Its always nice to have a chase car to spot problems like the smell of dragging breaks, why not a mechanic if one is available.

You will have to schedule load out for the days they offer it, its likely they will grant you an extra day if you explain yourself and have an appointment. Also I have had to send a friend to make a pick up for me before and it was not a problem, the GL paperwork has a place for you to sign and designate someone to pick up for you.

Jeep Nasty

My Sheriff's department has a one man fleet maintenance. If this was for the department it would be easy to be a bit take the fleet maintenance guy the tractor trailer everything in go pick it up but since it's for me, left my own. I may check with my fleet maintenance guy but id have to pay him because he'd have to take the day off from work to go down with me. If it came down to it,is there anyone in the area that would be able to recover from the site for me and hold at their place for a few days until I can come down. I would be more than willing to compensate you for your time.

Jeep Nasty

I'm driving to Delaware in a few minutes and will be down there for a 8am recovery if anyone else is in the neighborhood.

Jeep Nasty

Trip went well, some minor electrical issues, rotted muffler and some dead batteries but I made it home. I stopped at Eastern Surplus on my way back and picked up a New Muffler and some extra parts while I was in the neighborhood. Thanks Steve and the rest of the ES crew for help and use of loading dock. In case you wondering, A 4-door wrangler unlimited, DOES fit in the bed of a 5-ton. You cant close the tail gate but it strapped down just fine for the trip home.