• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Load rating for 1078 front and rear axles?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I am sure the -10 will have loaded front/rear axle weight, if you do not go over that, you should be ok.

Last edited:

PBR street gang

Thanks Ron. What is the "-10". Is that a section in the technical manuals? The plow installer wants to know the axle ratings and the GVW in order to size the plow. Once I pick the plow, then I can pick the PTO pump that I am going to mount to the blank on the Allison MD3070P.

PBR street gang

I see the -10 is the Operators Manual. I am not sure if I divide the GVW by 2 for the front axle rating. Would you know where to look for the weight of the cab after up armoring? Do they need to add a leaf spring to the pack? All it says about the axle is Manufacturer (Rockwell). I will try to get a number off of the axle itself. I am also confused about the towing capacity. it is rated in the -10 as 12000 lbs, however it is permissible to tow a fully loaded LMTV (22000 lbs) flat with another LMTV.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Looks like gvw is 11,000 each axle, would not matter on up armoring, still same gvw. I for one would not up armor a fmtv, whole truck is to flimsy and to easy to take out = JUNK built by the low bidder.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks