• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Load test of an MEP006a

sewerzuk

Thought I would share a video of a load test I recently did non one of my MEP006's. Nothing spectacular about it; just a few transitions from no load to 100% load, testing individual cables for current, etc.
I had been load testing my generators by hooking them up to my shop and turning on equipment until I hit 100% load; that method works fine for the -002 and -003's that I had but it was difficult with the -006. Although I was able to fully load it, it took just about everything I own...lights, heaters, air compressor, lathe, mill, etc. all running at the same time.
A while ago I scored this 300kW resistive load bank...it works perfect to load the larger generators.
Check out the video here:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ0SEAEgPo0[/media]

coyotegray

Those are great generators.

During Desert Storm we ran 14 or so of them at Fleet Hospital 6 In Bahrain.
They ran for about 4-5 months continuously with no problems. Only issue we had was human error... Part of my job was generator duty at night. Driving a M1008 from one to the next logging the load, hours, oil pressure, fuel, etc..

Andy..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks