• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Loading Ramps for deuce & jeep & mule

poof

Dirty Hippie
Well after looking for some light weight ramps on CL. to use to load my jeep or Mule in back of my deuce. I gave up finding any thing long enough ,so not to be to much incline and strong enough to support me and the jeep..
I had bought a bunch of Pallet racking system last year and stored it in the barn..all but forgotten... then a brain storm.(.haha, ya right)

took a bunch down to shop and cut to legnth of deuce bed.. cut up some for 10" spacers.. made this design and WA-LAAA.. drove a skid steer up them.. guess they weigh in at around 80lbs each.. still easly for one MAN to handle though.. they are 12'3" long and 16" wide i have spaced the keepers that drop in between the tail gate and bed.. so that they will center for either my m151a1 or the mule as pictured, with out obstruction of the tail gate hinge.
ill post a picture with jeep next week after i replace its fuel pump...GRRRRR.

Attachments

kastein

I'm working on a similar setup, using 2 inch square 1/4-wall steel tubing for the sides of each ramp and 1.5" 3/16 thick angle for the treads. They seem a little too flexy for my comfort so I am going to truss / brace them a few inches below the tread with another length of 1.5" 3/16 angle and some flat stock and angle for bracing and triangulation.

They are NOT lightweight this way though... around 200lbs each for 12 foot ramps. But they should stand up to anything I can throw at them or roll up them!

poof

Dirty Hippie
Well this week end i get to test out my ramps and load out plan..
Have to get 2 short chanes and hooks to secure the tail gate on the Ammo trailer...
with bolts... it would be nice to have measurements for legnth and width of chalk Blocks when loading the jeep in the back of the deuce.... Mule fits fine in the ammo trailer and ramps for the deuce to load the jeep work great... the last bow has to come out to load. do to the angle of the Dangle when peeking the top of the ramps. but it all fits well.

Attachments

gunboy1656

Thanks for posting the pics, the pallet racks make good idea to use. Not to mention you answered I question I stated to wonder about carrying a mule in the ammo trailer. Wish I had all that load to drive around with.