• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Loading ramps for my deuce

RodUSMC1962

My buddie put a receiver hitch on my deuce and I bought a 16 ft trailer to haul my mighty mite on. Works great and the trailer is handy as heck to haul lots of other stuff on. Paid$40.00 at junk yard for hitch. :driver:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess it depends on what you mean by "about". 14.00 x 20s are about the same height as 395s.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?28757-Tire-Size-Difference

I used the Webster's meaning for "about" - reasonably close to.

Meaning, IMHO, if he were to use a setup close to mine, I feel he would achieve nearly the same results and the small differences in tire size would not adversely impact performance of the mission.

The sizes listed in the chart I posted are a good starting point, but you also have to factor in tire pressure, wear and manufacture. Using a tape measure and a level my sample tire installed on the rear of my truck measures 43 1/4 inches. I don't have a 395 to check.

Last edited:

rustystud

"gringeltaube" made some really nice and strong ramps. The post is a few years ago, but with some searching I'm sure you can find it.
Hey I just realized I'm a "Sergeant" again :)

Last edited:

welldigger

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?28757-Tire-Size-Difference

I used the Webster's meaning for "about" - reasonably close to.

Meaning, IMHO, if he were to use a setup close to mine, I feel he would achieve nearly the same results and the small differences in tire size would not adversely impact performance of the mission.

The sizes listed in the chart I posted are a good starting point, but you also have to factor in tire pressure, wear and manufacture. Using a tape measure and a level my sample tire installed on the rear of my truck measures 43 1/4 inches. I don't have a 395 to check.
Loaded radius of a 395 is 22-23 inches depending on tire inflation. Loaded radius of a 9.00-20 is 19ish inches. For me that made a 3-4 inch height increase. That dramatic of an angle change of my ramps should make it interesting the next time I attempt to load my atv. Which in itself is lifted 4 inches from stock. The ride up isn't so bad. Its the ride back down that feels like the earth disappeared.