• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Local access to Deuce Clutch Parts?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know if the clutch parts are availiable at the local parts house? If so any parts numbers? Or is there any military parts houses in the OKC area?

I was recovering a M35 with my '87 M35A2C and tow bars yesterday and the clutch went out on the side of the turnpike. I had to leave them both overnight. I had tought about switching trucks but the M35 won't start and has no brakes.

I know I can get the parts from the usual parts houses. I just don't want to leave them parked on the side of the road that long.

Warthog

Alex400

DaveP said:
switch them to get off the road.
have your insurance paid up and put someone in 2nd truck for the brakes.
I agree. Since the one with blown clutch still runs, use it for brakes and use the other duece for power to get off the road

Alex400

oh i just saw that the other one wouldn't start. if you disconnected the broken one, could limp it off or is it completly gone? I would try to get the other one running. Why won't it run?

Barrman

He was going back to OKC from Ft. Sill. He told me on the phone that he was 20 miles from OKC. I guess that would be I-40?

StreetbikeDepot

I can call him if you know his number, he can't be too far off the Blanchard exit.....what sucks though is having to go all the way down to the mcdonald near the Chickasha exit to turn around to the northbound lane.

jasonjc

StreetbikeDepot said:
I can call him if you know his number, he can't be too far off the Blanchard exit.....what sucks though is having to go all the way down to the mcdonald near the Chickasha exit to turn around to the northbound lane.
What??? You got a 6X6 you can trun around any place you what. :p :p :p :p

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The trucks where recovered from the turnpike. M1075 was able to help me out. Thanks M1075.

We recovered the Dropside with the bad clutch back to OKC and the truck with bad brakes to Chickisha. It will be recoved back to OKC this week.

I haven't posted anything because I had to leave town early Friday moning. Sorry for not following up sooner.

Thank you everyone for your help.

Warthog