• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Location of air compressor & governor

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you can, take a picture of the valve. Some trucks have had some strange things done to them.
Yes, but it was working fine previously. ... I strongly suspect moisture (likely frozen) was the initial culprit.

Now he's thrown parts at it in a shotgun attempt to randomly hit the problem and made it worse by adding uncertainty as to what's going on.

Last edited:

Plane Fast

Here is a pic of my wet tank both ends. The relief valve is rated at 150psi. (Almost all the over pressure valves are)
image.jpg
This is is the downstream end with the low pressure sensor, PPV, and main feed line

Attachments

Last edited:

ralphluby

I want to thank all the members who responded to the post I started about the compressor and governor. I am happy to report that the problem has been rectified and it was rather simple in the end. When I got my truck the relief valve on the wet tank was a problem because it kept releasing air but all functions operated okay. The old valve had no rating on it, so this Spring I replaced it with a new relief valve, but it was only rated for 60 psi. After looking at all of your posts and a lot of Tech Manual reading it dawned on me that the 60 psi valve rating was far too low. I replaced it today with a 125 psi valve and now all is fine. I apologize for my stupid mistake causing all of you to spend your time trying to help me. Your willingness to do so shows that Steel Solders is a great organization and one that I hope to contribute to in the near future.

Last edited:

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I want to thank all the members who responded to the post I started about the compressor and governor. I am happy to report that the problem has been rectified and it was rather simple in the end. When I got my truck the relief valve on the wet tank was a problem because it kept releasing air but all functions operated okay. The old valve had no rating on it, so this Spring I replaced it with a new relief valve, but it was only rated for 60 psi. After looking at all of your posts and a lot of Tech Manual reading it dawned on me that the 60 psi valve rating was far too low. I replaced it today with a 125 psi valve and now all is fine. I apologize for my stupid mistake causing all of you to spend your time trying to help me. Your willingness to do so shows that Steel Solders is a great organization and one that I hope to contribute to in the near future.
I'm not sure 125 psi is enough. ... i think you want more space between the governor setting at 120ish, and the relief valve. 150psi strikes me as a good number.

However, tje 125 should be adequate.

Thanks for coming back and posting the outcome.

MtnSnow

The stock pressure for the blow off valve Is 150psi. While a 125 will work it might start popping off early enough to mess with the governor/unloader in the long run.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ralphluby

Thanks to MtnSnow & 98G about your comments on the 125 psi blow off valve. I am replacing it with a 150 psi valve. As you both pointed out it was too close to the governor rating and in warming up the truck yesterday, it did pop one time when the primary gauge show about 125 psi. Thanks again, you guys are great.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks