• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Location of return fuel lines from injection pump and under the HMMWV 1152

Lui1152

Can anyone help me and tell me where are the return fuel lines at the injection pump and under the hmmwv.
Pictures would help please
🙏

Thank you

I need to blow through them..... I might have a clogged return line. I hope
🙏

Action

The rubber hose comes off the top of the IP and connect to a metal tube. That metal tube also connects to each bank of injectors, and to a rubber hose near the lift pump on the RH side at front of engine (below your a/c compressor). That rubber hose connects to a metal line that runs back along the frame rail to a rubber hose that connects to the fuel tank hard lines (in front of tank). There is a one-way valve in that section of hose.

Lui1152

The rubber hose comes off the top of the IP and connect to a metal tube. That metal tube also connects to each bank of injectors, and to a rubber hose near the lift pump on the RH side at front of engine (below your a/c compressor). That rubber hose connects to a metal line that runs back along the frame rail to a rubber hose that connects to the fuel tank hard lines (in front of tank). There is a one-way valve in that section of hose.

Thank you so much!
I will work on it this weekend.
Hopefully blowing air with a compressor clears the lines.

Monkeyboyarmy

Thanks for asking this. It's been too cold to work on mine but i noticed a return hose on one injector, that didnt not have a clamp on it, was leaking and if i touched it the truck would idle different. I suspected a clogged return line also. Hmmmm.....said check valve...

Lui1152

Thanks for asking this. It's been too cold to work on mine but i noticed a return hose on one injector, that didnt not have a clamp on it, was leaking and if i touched it the truck would idle different. I suspected a clogged return line also. Hmmmm.....said check valve...

I am so glad 😊

Whatever keeps these beasts running 💪🏻

Monkeyboyarmy

Update!.... Took some time to check my truck out. First i removed the hose connection at the frame on the right side where the return tube comes down from the side of the engine. Blew through the return line that goes to the tank and it was clear. Could hear bubbles in the tank. Tried to blow up the metal return tube and had nothing. I removed the return line from the injection pump to the metal return tube and blew in it....nothing. Plugged between the two. So i used compressed air and blew up the line and then down the line until it cleared out. Had black crud and maybe some rust in it. Reconnected all lines and magic! This truck runs fantastic. Starts easy, no surging, no dying after revving up, great throttle response. Apparently the pumps dont like any positive pressure in them. Hope this helps someone out.

Lui1152

Update!.... Took some time to check my truck out. First i removed the hose connection at the frame on the right side where the return tube comes down from the side of the engine. Blew through the return line that goes to the tank and it was clear. Could hear bubbles in the tank. Tried to blow up the metal return tube and had nothing. I removed the return line from the injection pump to the metal return tube and blew in it....nothing. Plugged between the two. So i used compressed air and blew up the line and then down the line until it cleared out. Had black crud and maybe some rust in it. Reconnected all lines and magic! This truck runs fantastic. Starts easy, no surging, no dying after revving up, great throttle response. Apparently the pumps dont like any positive pressure in them. Hope this helps someone out.

Could you please take pictures of where all of these lines and tunes are.

I am doing all these tomorrow and have no idea of where to start.

Thank you 🙏

Monkeyboyarmy

Didnt get a chance to take a picture of my truck yet but this is the tube in question. Its at the front of the engine. In the picture, the right side of the tube connects to the driver's side injector returns. The middle of the tube connects to the top of the injector pump for its return. The left side of the tube connects to the passenger side injector returns and connects to the line that goes back to the tank....right frame rail near the front of the engine. This tube is what was plugged between the pump and passenger side.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks