• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lock and Security

Lextreme

I don't have 5 acres of land and my city wont like it too much if i park the Deuce in front of my house. My car port is not high enough so the Deuce can slide in. Therefore, my last choice would be renting a RV parking. I have done some search in here but didn't find exactly what I was looking for. I am interested in securing this monster. What type of lock and security do you have in your Deuce? Show me some pictures please.

Thanks

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Just remember that IF somebody wants it bad enough thay WILL get it

two.fiveM35

There was a recent thread on this. Do a search on the topic.

If you find a cheap enclosed boat / rv storag unit, you'd be able to get collector car insurance for it, as long as it's not a daily driver. My insurance went from $120 to $14 a month after I found my $85 storage. But then I live in Tx and not southern Ca.

KsM715

Cheap and easy? Pull the batteries and take them with youand chain the steering wheel. Like was said above, if someone wants it and they have the time they can defeat any security deterent you put on it

quickfarms

Do you actually live within an incorporated city, if so which city in the San Gabriel valley, or do you live in a county area?

A carport sounds like a county area, or former county area.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Get an enclosed storage lot or building. Make sure they have all the standard security measures such as CCTV, barb wire on the fence and BIG meat eating dogs. Disable it by pulling the batteries and disconnecting the starter button. Use the big ***ed chain (if yours came with one) and lock the steering wheel. Get inside the truck and lock the passenger door (has to be done from the inside). Since you can't lock the drivers door, put a BIG ***ed chain across the door from the support handle forward to the mirror, door hinge point. Use heavy chain and bullet proof locks. Not because someone would be stupid enough to shoot the lock (or would they?) but they are much harder to cut or break. You can get really creative, your imagination is the limit. I'm not revealing all my secrets (none of mine are lethel, that'll get you in trouble), just the easy ones.

Or you could just move. I hear Utah is a nice place to live and they like big trucks.

plym49

From recent posts, the abundance of crack heads plus the high cost of scrap means that it is likely that someone will steal your radiator. Unfortunately, they are pretty easy to hack out. I guess they would also want the batteries, but at least it is more feasible to take your batteries with you when you park the truck.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
From recent posts, the abundance of crack heads plus the high cost of scrap means that it is likely that someone will steal your . Unfortunately, they are pretty easy to hack out. I guess they would also want the batteries, but at least it is more feasible to take your batteries with you when you park the truck.
Are you KIDDING me, thay do not steal the radiators and batteries anymore, these low life scum STEAL the whole vehicle, haul it straight to the scraper, then the low life scraper, knowing that is HOT, gives the scum 1/2 of the scrap value then puts it right in the crusher

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you KIDDING me, thay do not steal the radiators and batteries anymore, these low life scum STEAL the whole vehicle, haul it straight to the scraper, then the low life scraper, knowing that is HOT, gives the scum 1/2 of the scrap value then puts it right in the crusher
Dang, you guys live in some serious dangerous country! I can't say why (I just don't know) but there isn't that much of that kind of stuff around here. There's only a couple scrap yards in town and 2 0r 3 salvage yards. To my knowledge they are all on the straight and narrow cause the cops don't like car theives. Sort of like cattle rustling...sometimes the cost just aint worth the effort (see Wyomings Firearms Laws). And no, I don't accept or condone vigilantyism. But if you know that the property owner is 95+% probably the owner and operator of a device of some kind of lethality, you think twice, if you can think at all, before doing something so stupid as to steal someones pride and joy. Neighbors looking after neighbors is also a **** good deterent.

goatijoe

There is one of those close to me they took in a pick up truck full of the brass vases that where on peoples graves and they let them sell um and give the scums money. I don't know about yall but wouldn't something tell you that stuff wrong in so many ways.

cajun666

chain steering wheel.

block it in with r other vehicular

got field with horse on back side of it

the way it been raining ant any thing going throw that swamp lmao

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lextreme,

I understand your question.

If you just want to keep the curious away and the low-end thieves (they are all low-end, but I'm talking about the really unsophisticated ones), just remove the (negative) dog-bone (battery cable) using a 1/2" wrench. It's a simple task. Lock one door from the inside by pushing up on the interior handle. Put a long-shackle padlock (Master brand, several locking points, 5 3/4" shackle, I believe), between the grab handle on the outside of the cab, and the exterior door latch on the door that you exit, (the non-lockable door).

Yes, they can break the glass, remove the grab handle, cut the lock, steal the radiator, etc...

This is just a simple way to keep the neighborhood mommies and daddies from letting their kids get in and play Army while the parents take videos with their cell phones to post on Facebook and YouTube and reach "viral" status. It also keeps the dads from trying to start the thing, all the while saying, "I used to drive one of these back in ____!"

I had my truck at an RV and boat storage facility with cameras and gates. It was nice and private, but a short drive. I recently found a local farmer with a nice barn that lets me store my truck for cheap. I can see it from my house and visit anytime. It works for me.

Good luck.

Last edited:

paramedic7831

Move to the country with some land for not only this reason but for about 1,000 just off the top of my head.

I have lived in the county with land since pre-teen. I recently got married and had to move to another city and right dead in the middle of town against my will (wife wanted to live in her dad's rental house till she got done with school). Pictures below show how much I trust my neighbors. I see people walk the streets in front of my house in the middle of the night. I do not believe they are getting an early walk/start to church. I would chain my dog's water bowl down if I could. But then again I don't have a dog because I think someone would steal him.

I'm getting out of town ASAP. Wife is out of school and currently we looking for a house with some land to stretch our feet. I cant stand town anymore. My neighbors called the cops on me for shooting squirrels in my backyard with a bb gun!!? I told the cops I just bought the bb gun being respectful not waking everyone up with my AR15.

Nobody messes with your stuff in the country. There are many holes in the county to hide unwanted pests. And nobody would miss a copper stealing rat enough to go looking for him. I'm just talking here I DO NOT CONDONE HIDING THINGS IN HOLES!

Picture is showing my grill chained down. I dug a 12" hole 4 feet deep. I wrapped the chain around the grill and laid the other 5 feet in the hole. After 2 bags of sakrete I deem it "city safe"

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks