• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lock out hubs m1009

kipman

The lockouts on my blazer are a little loose, bolts are tight, I have checked other m1009 and they are about the same, what gives, they work fine almost like a gasket is missing?

Westech

CPL
could be.. there is a O ring that seals them to the hub and it rots off quick. I have installed super winch Hubs on my last blazer (about 65 smackers) and they were a lot tighter.

npears

I rebuilt the hubs on my 1009 about two weeks ago. The driver's side lock was acting like you describe it was loose, you could rattle it around but all the bolts were tight. And the passenger side didn't always unlock right away.

When I got it torn apart I realized that the previous person to turn a wrench on that hub had not reassembled it correctly. Inside the hub, past the lock there are two nuts separated by a washer. The innermost nut is the bearing adjustment nut it has a pin on it that should fit into one of many holes in the washer (washer has a key on it that keeps it in place on the spindle). Then the second nut goes on the outside and locks everything in place. There might be an exploded view in the TMs. I was working out of the Chilton's manual.

If the same person worked on yours the inner nut was never lined up properly so the pin would go into the hole on the washer. Overtime the pin was flattened, the hub assembly moved and the lock now has play.

I rebuilt everything from the spindle out when I did mine. Might have been over-kill but I now know what I've got. If you go this total rebuild route do not try to reuse the oil cup/bearing seal bad things happen.

Good Luck.

OLDCHEV4X4

I use "Super Winch " hubs also. They fit tighter and the inner splined piece is not made of aluminum like alot of the others.
2 thumbs up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks