• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lock out hubs

Ratchetop

I received my AVM hubs this week and I have a question. Do I need to grease the inside of the Hubs before I install them? I looked around and couldn't find anything said about Itami it doesn't say in the instructions.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the maintenance instructions it says never to use any grease.

Now, if it was just for function then yes, better NO grease than too much!
But for durability and to prevent corrosion I would recommend covering all metal parts with a thin film of grease. A toothbrush works great for that.

G.

dmetalmiki

A thin film of Graphite Grease. (but!) IF your deuce is NOT fitted with the "air shift" engagement" option, (then) do NOT even trouble yourself to install them.

Ratchetop

I have already changed out the transfer case to air select. I'm in the process of getting the trans assembled with the 5th gear mod. Get the lock out hubs on. I got a 24v to 12v converter to supply the turbo boost gage and pyrometers gage.
I hope to get all this done this week end if the rain stays away.

Ratchetop

You seem to have the project well in hand and correctly accomplished. well done, Nice truck by the way.
Thank you and thanks to the people on SS for all the help on getting accurate information on what to do and what works. The information has been a great help in working on my Deuce.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yup handy enough. I'd put a phone charger port in. When not charging your phone, you could use a radar detector so you don't get a speeding ticket.

Bwaaaahahahahahaha

What brand is the gauge.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We deuce owners and operators are in trouble when the police create an infraction for excessive stopping distance.

Rick