• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LOCK-OUTS ARE IN

YankeeDuece

I just received my lockout hubs from Jatonka. They are truly a work of art. They look, good, feel good ......and smell good!

Should be easy, the directions look straight foward and the kit has all the gaskets and pieces.

I plan on installing them this weekend, I will keep you posted.

sprucemt

Recovry4x4 said:
Do they come pre-weathered like that? Nice touch JT!
The recipe for "pre-weathered" here in the northeast is, drive 15 minutes in any direction during any type of snow, sleet or rain event, turn around and go home, wait 24 hours and wah lah, instant "pre-weathered look" courtesy of the New York State Department of Transportation road crews.

For the do it yourself'ers. Take calcium chloride liquid, road salt and sand, Let your parts soak awhile, aggitate, rub them in sand and then re-wash with calcium chloride.

jatonka

Actually, that photo is of old Smokey in the shop getting new exhaust manifold gaskets. The hubs are the approval set that I have been brutalizing since July. It's an M35A1 with 10' commercial dump body and we draw around 9 tons of gravel with it on hardtop roads and maybe 7 tons or so through the fields. I have done everything I can think of like running locked in and in front wheel drive,loaded, on hardtop roads and making the turns at stop signs Etc. No troubles with the hubs, but we've had to tighten front spring ubolts and rear trunnion bolts a few times . I'll try to put a picture on my ad of clean hubs. JT out

chevycrew

These hubs will be a benefit to all. They stop the drag encountered with spinning the front axle shafts, gears, and front driveshaft. Hubs will reduce wear on these items, and may increase economy.

If I ever quit dealing with parts trucks and get a complete one...I will be getting at least a set for the front. Possibly for one of the rear axles as well. (with different shafts of course)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks