• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Locked out of Cab

NV555

Has anyone locked themselves out of the cab?

How did you get the door open if so?

A friend asked my what to do if this happened?

I don't lock my doors however I'm sure it could happen.

I looked on the forum and found mostly about doing a re key nothing about being locked out.

MGKMartin

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not as east as you would think. I have never had one come off easily. Usually have to drill out at least one bolt.
I've never had to drill a turret cover bolt to remove them, but agree that removing the quarter panel glass is probably easier. For the turret cover bolts I cut all the sealant away from the bolts and make sure I get all the sealant out of the socket. I then use a 3/8" drive hex bit and they usually come right out.

MGKMartin

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Makes sense. All of mine have been from the Western US and the bolts were so covered in sealant that they looked almost new once the sealant was cleaned off.

NV555

I stock 304 stainless turret cover bolts.

Scott
The chrome ones were 2.80 each. Stainless even better. I agree with 319 not using the steel ones. Having an exposed hex bolt to fill with water bad idea. I know they have a silicone process however would of been so much better to use a better alloy in the first place.

319cssb

I'm talking about stainless steel hex bolts
IMG_1775.jpg

not button head socket cap bolts, AKA utter garbage.
IMG_1776.JPG

Last edited:

MrGoodwreck

I was a Medic, and we used to practice getting into "combat locked" vehicles...

Whoever said the turret cover is spot on... Drill a bolt, or try to break it with the 3lb sledge/bar..

I used to be able to break into a combat locked 113 with a flat blade screwdriver, 3lb sledge in less than 3 mins. ( Drivers hatch parascope hole..break the screw..slide the little flipper door open, put your arm in, and unlock the hatch) ..

The whole idea was to do the least damage..

If I had a patient, I would just bust the glass ..

DCLund

I used this the other day to open my 1078. Use a wood wedge to open the top rear corner of the door. Insert the wire ring, string and aluminum tube. use the tube to steer the ring to the unlock knob and "set the hook".
Good Fishing!
IMG_2702.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks