• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

locker noise

85CUCVtom

Fact of the matter is this, they act like an open rear until one wheel spins up and then the governor applies pressure to engage the teeth on the side clutch plates. The big problem is when someone stomps the pedal and one tire immediately spins up to 40 or 50 mph and then the governor kicks in the clutches. If you are on soft dire, gravel of mud you may get away with it but most of the time it is someone pulling off of the shoulder of the road onto the road surface. Now the right tire is going 50 mph and the left is going 5 mph and it is now on asphalt. Clutches kick in and BANG! It sends shrapnel right through the rear cover. It is no more of a locker than Chryslers Power-Loc. The Lock part is just in the name, there is no mechanical locking there.
So this is a sure fire way to blow up the Gov-Lock? I just want to know so I know what not to do.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks