• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Locking door handles

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone come across locking door handles for the HMMWV...?
I believe Federal has some that lock inside and outside or just outside. They are pretty spendy but cheaper than a door. I like the idea of being able to lock myself in if needed. When I get to the point of installing my doors I will have a set on them

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought a set on ebay. They only lock and unlock from the outside. Essential, but I hate them.

Last edited:

CommoChief

I believe Federal has some that lock inside and outside or just outside. They are pretty spendy but cheaper than a door. I like the idea of being able to lock myself in if needed. When I get to the point of installing my doors I will have a set on them
Thank you...we will check out Federal. Having the option to lock from the inside is the way to go.

FlameRed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just be aware if you buy the Federal locking handles that you can lock from the inside - for the exorbitant price and shipping, the paint is already peeling after about 3 months and if you lock them from the inside, you cannot unlock them from the outside. So I can easily see how you might lock yourself out and having to go in from the back hatch - if you have one!

OBX

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Paint peeling off when delivered. Paint sprayed over chrome, no primer or scuffing for better adhesion. Yes, pricey!
Not yet installed.
Given the high cost of doors these days, I’m installing a through-bolt immediately above each door hinge in the door jambs to mitigate a quick lift and gone situation in the event a thief thinks he’s entitled to them.BB2ED612-7480-4997-9639-38FC7638B08A.png

Last edited:

Autonomy_Lost

View attachment 866730

I just grabbed something from garage. You can stick just about anything in this gap to lock the door from inside.
And, yes, i just tried this. That rubbermaid shelf mount dies lick the door.
Gotcha, I was hoping for a solution like this but for people who don't have the locking door handles. Oddly I only want to be able to lock the door from the inside but not the outside. I'm sure there is a way.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have one truck with the inside/outside locking handles, may be useful in a mob situation, under normal circumstances, someone opens my door I would just let the Judge take care of them, nestles quite nicely between the seat and tunnel, also saves me time because otherwise I would have to pull the Sig from my front pocket or the Colt 1911 from my back.

CommoChief

I have one truck with the inside/outside locking handles, may be useful in a mob situation, under normal circumstances, someone opens my door I would just let the Judge take care of them, nestles quite nicely between the seat and tunnel, also saves me time because otherwise I would have to pull the Sig from my front pocket or the Colt 1911 from my back.
decisions...decisions

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks