• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Locking fuel cap available?

papakb

I've never seen a locking fuel CAP for a HMMWV but there are several places where you can get a locking fuel DOOR.

swabbie

I've never seen a locking fuel CAP for a HMMWV but there are several places where you can get a locking fuel DOOR.
There's no door to lock. Do you know where such a door is available? A locking fuel or "gas" cap would be much better.
There are radical "woke" people around that don't like this vehicle sitting in the neighborhood - at all. Some douche bag
'keyboard commando' suggested sugar in the gas tank to make the humvee go away! (on facebook)

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There's no door to lock. Do you know where such a door is available? A locking fuel or "gas" cap would be much better.
There are radical "woke" people around that don't like this vehicle sitting in the neighborhood - at all. Some douche bag
'keyboard commando' suggested sugar in the gas tank to make the humvee go away! (on facebook)

What he meant was you can add a locking fuel door to the outside, to make accessing the fuel cap more difficult to those types of people.
You can do a search online for them, or here are a couple links that came up from a quick search

Action

The locking fuel doors are funny, because there are 6 little screws hold the whole thing on....,

look for the aux fuel tank kit parts list. For some readon, i think there was a lockable cap and a regular cap.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The locking fuel doors are funny, because there are 6 little screws hold the whole thing on....,

look for the aux fuel tank kit parts list. For some readon, i think there was a lockable cap and a regular cap.
You can use the security screws that have the tit in the middle of the torx head. Really doubt the cowards will take the time to remove them. When I get mine delivered I’m going to get a pitbull and chain it up in the back. I just haven’t figured out how to keep it from shitting inside my V. Lol

Action

Is the goal to stop people from stealing diesel? Or putting something in your tank?
There is a screen in mint. A hose wont go in there.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Crummy part is that the crackheads that steal diesel have found a way around the locking cap. A determined crackhead with an ice pick pops a hole in the tank, takes 5 gallons and the other 40 gets dumped on the ground. Me personally - I wouldn't have enough "umph" to force a pick through that metal... They are resourceful if nothing else.

If your truck is sitting at home and think somebody might drop sugar or something else in the fuel tank, up your security a bit. For a "one view solution" maybe a ring doorbell watching your parking place would solve it. That way you get an Alert you before it happens. I recently added a bank of cameras around the outside of the parking area around my trucks. I enabled what they call "intelligent monitoring" on the DVR and that sends me a text message (or email) when it sees motion.

Locking caps and doors - just like the front door of your house - do nothing other than keep average folks honest in my opinion.

swabbie

What he meant was you can add a locking fuel door to the outside, to make accessing the fuel cap more difficult to those types of people.
You can do a search online for them, or here are a couple links that came up from a quick search

Thank you for the clarification on the fuel door. I didn't know they existed. Sheese, I don't like the way things are going with our new "woke" administration!

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you for the clarification on the fuel door. I didn't know they existed. Sheese, I don't like the way things are going with our new "woke" administration!
More like a self loathing administration.

Last edited:

papakb

Like Barrack said, Joey's just finishing up what I started. Singing Kumbaya with the rest of the world and apologizing to everyone else. There was a time when I loved that old Pepsi commercial about teaching the world to sing. Now they can all just go "piss off" to use the Brit expression.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Like Barrack said, Joey's just finishing up what I started. Singing Kumbaya with the rest of the world and apologizing to everyone else. There was a time when I loved that old Pepsi commercial about teaching the world to sing. Now they can all just go "piss off" to use the Brit expression.
Wasn’t that Coke?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks