• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Locking Fuel Cap M35A2 solution/fix

Highway95

They are not actually train horns (according to the web site) rather more like truck horns. Not sure what laws apply other than the db rating on loudness but they are pretty loud if you hold the horn button down. I think they are rated at 152db. They sure can make the deer skedaddle out of the roadway :)

TehTDK

I just checked and apparently our legal code doesn't mention any dB readings for horns. Only that they have to be one-tone and have to carry the tone a long as the horn is pressed

Highway95

If I am getting the "one-tone" meaning right it means no melody or musical pitch changing horns...ie, Dukes of Hazard type horns. Almost every American car and truck has more than one horn that plays at the same time so I dont think it means more than one horn at different pitch's. As long as they together play one straight tone you will be ok. Even the stock M35 truck has two horns. Tone means any sound considered with reference to its quality, pitch, strength, source, etc or quality or character of sound. (No pitch variation) so Id say you are ok with those or any other type air horn.

punisher733

I just bought a Valeo part number 247706 off of e-bay..this cap has metal parts, vented and works on on my 1970 AM General M35A2 with a 3 lug filler neck...Just thought I'd put this out there for anyone looking....

Thanks, Carl Dunlap