• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Locking Gas cap HMMWV??

fnpurist

Because there are a lot of crappy people in the world haha. I read an old thread earlier where a fellow SS member had somebody put something in his tank and cause a lot of problems. Having the locking cap would be cheap insurance

Because there are a lot of crappy people in the world haha. I read an old thread earlier where a fellow SS member had somebody put something in his tank and cause a lot of problems. Having the locking cap would be cheap insurance
Gotcha, just curious. I don't take the keys out of my vehicles at night. I think we just live in different places.

Expendable

I have a locking gas cap on my H1 but i don't think it is compatible with a humvee. AFAIK the humvees have the fuel cap that you twist the t handle which helps seal the filler neck. from what i have read on the HML (humvee.net H1/Humvee forum) is the earlier H1s that had the same fuel cap needed to change out the filler neck. I do not personally know unfortunately.

Also the locking fuel cap/door isn't much of a guarantee when the fuel filler neck is so exposed in the fender well. not hard to cut it and gain access to drop something in the tank. But it's more of deterrence so you minimize the chance of someone messing with your truck.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The hummer and HMMWV Body are one in the same, as well as the plastic fuel filler neck area...no reason the Locking cover won't work.
Also, I seriously doubt someone is walking around with a sawzall to cut you fuel filler neck to get fuel from your hmmwv.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think they are more worried about someone trying to put something in the tank than stealing fuel out of it.
25 yrs driving hummer and hmmwv's in the San Fran Bay Area...one of the most liberal areas in the union...never had an issue. But I rarely leave my trucks unattended in dark areas or areas I think would be a bad idea.
not to mention...unless you know the gas cap, no one knows how to get them off!
Thats not the same on a an H1 as it unscrews...here is bit of info...alway set the T-knob at a particular position, 12 and 6 O'clock...if it's anything other then that when you come back...don't start it. Chances are the moron will just tighten it back down, if at all....

fnpurist

25 yrs driving hummer and hmmwv's in the San Fran Bay Area...one of the most liberal areas in the union...never had an issue. But I rarely leave my trucks unattended in dark areas or areas I think would be a bad idea.
not to mention...unless you know the gas cap, no one knows how to get them off!
Thats not the same on a an H1 as it unscrews...here is bit of info...alway set the T-knob at a particular position, 12 and 6 O'clock...if it's anything other then that when you come back...don't start it. Chances are the moron will just tighten it back down, if at all....
yea but I'd forget to do that every time. Locking it with a key would be much easier

fnpurist

Just saw that the h1 cap is $350! No way in **** would I pay that! Looks like I'll go with the hasp option or something similar and paint it black so it doesn't stand out and look completely jerry rigged

TedG

Well cap, they lock if you don't mind it saying well testing. Google: 3" Torquer Locking Plug

Or put a boi-diesel sticker on it.

Just saw that the h1 cap is $350! No way in **** would I pay that! Looks like I'll go with the hasp option or something similar and paint it black so it doesn't stand out and look completely jerry rigged
I thought the price was a bit much myself, but I'm the last person to tell someone you're spending too much on your HMMWV.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks