• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Locking Hubs for 5 Ton trucks

tobyS

Covers are an option for towing. Front and rear are the same. I have a friend with a CNC plasma cutter doing flanges right now.

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
One thing to remember for those that have the 39 and 809 series 5 tons is the sprag transfer, to make the hubs work, the transfer needs the air cutoff mwo, this cuts the air to the poppet valves, putting the sprag into neutral, without doing this the transfer WILL think the rears are spinning because the front tires are not driving the OVER RUNNING clutch (sprag) in the transfer, and WILL ENGAGE the sprag which will drive the front 3rd member.

Last edited:

LOBO

This is sounding very interesting. Like everyone else, nail down a price when you have perfected it and I'm in.

Regards,

jw4x4

They function just like any other lockout hubs. Manually operated, they disengage the front drive hubs. You can always Google lockout hubs.

jesusgatos

Jatonka, how are you planning on making the housings? Cast? Maybe we could team-up to design a locking hub body that would function sorta like the hubsteps I designed for the deuces. Just picked up an M923A2 yesterday and would love to put a set of locking hubs on it, but they look too exposed/vulnerable for the type of use this vehicle will see. Or maybe we could make a set of hubsteps that would act sort of like a protective cage for these locking hubs? Either bolted to the locking hub body or the wheel-studs. Shoot me a PM if you wanna talk about working together on any of this stuff.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks