• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Locking Hubs M1009

Mrtom

good evening from Germany,

my name is tom and thats my first post here. i have already read other posts cause of hubs but i dont find the answer. since 2004 i am driving a 1985 M1009. and no i think i need new manuel locking hubs because in both hubs i have a brocken plastic space ring and its not possible to get these rings seperat. and cause of this its not possible to lock the hubs. so my question is can you tell me other kind of locking hubs i can take for my truck. i found the warn 9790. are they correct????

thank you for the help and i hope my english is not the worst!!!!!!!

tom ;-)

DokWatson

good evening from Germany,

my name is tom and thats my first post here. i have already read other posts cause of hubs but i dont find the answer. since 2004 i am driving a 1985 M1009. and no i think i need new manuel locking hubs because in both hubs i have a brocken plastic space ring and its not possible to get these rings seperat. and cause of this its not possible to lock the hubs. so my question is can you tell me other kind of locking hubs i can take for my truck. i found the warn 9790. are they correct????

thank you for the help and i hope my english is not the worst!!!!!!!

tom ;-)
Yes those will work. There are other brands available, but they all do the same thing [thumbzup]

bronconut

if all your doing is lockout then you wont need those. if your pulling the rotors ,you can replace the oe spindle nut with the kit you showed, but you dont need to. i replaced mine but only because i have the socket with the four tabs.

rnd-motorsports

Welcome! Yes the warn number you listed will work! I like to use the superwinch hubs myself part # 400518 both will work and you do not need the nuts and lock rings to replace your lockouts! :driver:

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
bronconut,

The M1009 hub is NOT the same as the OE CIVY hub. NOT BY A LONG SHOT. It has a snap ring type lock washer and a key into a keyway that MUST be assembled properly or you WILL have problems.

If you have not pulled a hub all the way down to the spindle (yes, including the rotor) then you have not lived.

Mrtom

hey guys,

thanks you for your help. at first i will order the hubs without the "spindle nut ........". can you tell me a shop where you order those things?

so, its late here and i must wake up at 4:10. have a nice day

Tom

rnd-motorsports

Any auto parts store will be able to get them for you and most cases what ever brand you want I like the superwinch but warn hubs are good. if you cant find them neer you you can get them from places online like summit racing .com and many others :driver:

hoplite666

Have the superwinch hubs always used c clips and not snap rings on the shaft? Just installed a set and thought that was a bit odd. I know the function is the same but a full snap ring seems more reliable.

donalloy1

Welcome! Yes the warn number you listed will work! I like to use the superwinch hubs myself part # 400518 both will work and you do not need the nuts and lock rings to replace your lockouts! :driver:
rnd-motorsports, getting a compatability warning on Superwinch 400518? Will they work on my O9 OEM axle? Thanks in advance. DMLII sends

dmetalmiki

Welcome to the site. Do you know tobias from your area who completely rebuilt a wartime jeep from the ground up, and drove it to the U.K. to attend the War and Peace show twice. He is a member of steel soldiers. I will p.m. his email to you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks