• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Locking T Handles?

gslader

Has anyone been able to source locking T handles that fit the existing cut-out for the panel stowage doors on the co-drivers side of the truck? I tried searching the forums but didn’t have any success and have been poking around online but haven’t found any there as well that fit in the existing cut-outs. There are plenty of options if you want to enlarge the cut-outs but I’d prefer not to do that.

Thanks

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone been able to source locking T handles that fit the existing cut-out for the panel stowage doors on the co-drivers side of the truck? I tried searching the forums but didn’t have any success and have been poking around online but haven’t found any there as well that fit in the existing cut-outs. There are plenty of options if you want to enlarge the cut-outs but I’d prefer not to do that.

Thanks
I found a nice option where I enlarged it only a little bit to round with two flats. You can see my post where I did that I also added LED lights inside the storage box

Sent from my S62 Pro using Tapatalk

coachgeo

I found a nice option where I enlarged it only a little bit to round with two flats. You can see my post where I did that I also added LED lights inside the storage box

???? found your post on door handles..... but not "T" latches used on the storage boxes. care to add a link?

coachgeo

Thanks
assume your tried McMaster Carr?

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
???? found your post on door handles..... but not "T" latches used on the storage boxes. care to add a link?
Here's the link.
I can also sell you my OEM part that I took off it's in good condition. I'm not using it anymore.

[/URL]

A good update for the toolbox next to the hydraulic controls is to use this latch. Just file out the opening with the latch housing as a guide, or use a punch for the round with flat sides that the latch needs. Make sure you don't just drill a hole for the diameter of the lock barrel. I had to flatten out the lock arm and file the end of it for it to fit right. I did this update because my latch mechanism and lock tabs were flattened and twisted and ruined
Sarasota Quality Products LL902 Stainless Steel Lock Latch.

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
for my takeoff part that I will sell I believe these are all the pieces but if somebody notices I'm missing a piece let me know I'll look for it in my discard pile.

coachgeo

Here's the link.
I can also sell you my OEM part that I took off it's in good condition. I'm not using it anymore.

[/URL]
noticed your using tapatalk.

PLEASE DON'T!!!!!

especially if you use them to post pictures in here. Tapatalk does not move anything to this site.... they "host" it on THEIR SITE. Eventually like every host site that has ever existed it will go defunct..... usually preceded by a few years of switching to PAY 2 PLAY. If you dont pay.... and/or after they go defunct; EVERYTHING you ever hosted thru thru them (likely unknowingly to you) stops working inside each forum you used it with. This TRASHES archives of the forum you were using it with too because your good information ;folk could learn from, is instead turned into dead links.

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter

PLEASE DON'T!!!!!

especially if you use them to post pictures in here. Tapatalk does not move anything to this site.... they "host" it on THEIR SITE. Eventually like every host site that has ever existed it will go defunct..... usually preceded by a few years of switching to PAY 2 PLAY. If you dont pay.... and/or after they go defunct; EVERYTHING you ever hosted thru thru them (likely unknowingly to you) stops working inside each forum you used it with. This TRASHES archives of the forum you were using it with too because your good information ;folk could learn from, is instead turned into dead links.
Thanks for the update I didn't know about that

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter

PLEASE DON'T!!!!!

I wasn't aware of the "remote storage" part either. I just haven't used it because they are too pushy with the "install now", and I am stubborn and a bit rebellious 😁.

Third From Texas

Yeah, Tapatalk borks links, too.. It just doesn't play well with Dragonbyte (the forum software).

But keep in mind, these require a slight mod that the OP said he wasn't interested in doing.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, he said he's aware of such options..

But he wants to use the OEM hole with zero modification.

I'm not aware of anything that fits w/o at the very least some filing/grinding.
I just read the name of the thread early this morning and i had just been thinking about new locking handles for the sidewall storage boxes T handles and threw these handles on but just a minute ago realized the lock has got to be on the side of the T handle latches instead of top or bottom of T handle but hes not looking for a T handle at all so i digress !

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, Tapatalk borks links, too.. It just doesn't play well with Dragonbyte (the forum software).

But keep in mind, these require a slight mod that the OP said he wasn't interested in doing.
Either mine or your crack pipe is defective ! Apon reading all this the very first post is asking for locking t handle latches for the side panle storage boxs and thats what i posted your posting a lock for the toolbox not the side panel latches . IM GOING TO GO DRINK SOME MORE AND COME BACK TO THIS ! For your rebuttal ! you might get in out of the heat for a while and cool down your processor !

Third From Texas

Either mine or your crack pipe is defective ! Apon reading all this the very first post is asking for locking t handle latches for the side panle storage boxs and thats what i posted your posting a lock for the toolbox not the side panel latches . IM GOING TO GO DRINK SOME MORE AND COME BACK TO THIS ! For your rebuttal ! you might get in out of the heat for a while and cool down your processor !

I was just responding/posting a working link that Serpico had posted. The one he linked via tapatalk was borked (at least on my browser). Tapatalk doesn't play well with DragonByte and most PC browsers. It also can bork the images posted thru Tapatalk as DragonByte can't store them locally.

So yeah, two topics/conversations going on here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks