• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Log / Grapple Truck Project

Victor

...Can you not keep a loader or something on site to load the truck till the job is done instead of having to have a way for the truck to load itself?
This is what I am trying to build. Truck with loader for site and occasional transportation of small amount of logs. Just to give you a feeling of numbers: 25,000lb IS small amount. In one day with crane (see picture) I can fully goes through 150,000 lb of logs + 100,000 yards of wood chips.

pic#1 - 4' diameter 100' tall pine with in 1 hour.
pic#2 - 40' of top goes down in a blink of eye.

pic#3 - 7:00 am how property looks. We just started.
pic#4 - 9:00 am work in progress
pic#5 - 11:00 am almost where
pic#6 - 2:00 pm Trees? What trees?

It was about 20 trees 90-100' tall 18" diameter and more. 80,000 lb of logs and 60 yards of wood chips.

My little tractor was a bottle neck in this job. On pic#2 you can see 5 people jumping to proses. If I have log truck in job it can be done: one operator + one cuter.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks