• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Log of my 1995 Hummer

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
1995 with lots of upgrades.

I get her back from Tor Sunday. Then I can start work on her.

Drivers’ heated window replaced. I’ll try to seal some of the old one’s front sided cracks.

Rear brake calipers replaced. All pads replaced.

A/C vacuum hose that was fu<ked up by HummerWhore was replaced. Blower and motor replaced. A/C blows cold. Heat blows hot.

Ball joints replaced.

Hubs checked. Fluids replaced.

CTIS leaks identified as at hub inlets so now I know what to rebuild after I source parts.

Darned CTIS alarm unplugged until I actually engage the CTIS system.

Now time to drive and enjoy.

Last edited:

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shaking her out, driving to work.

New brakes catch/pulsate. Gonna see if a little wear smoothes them out.

A/C drips. Gonna wait on fixing that until Autumn.

Gonna rip off the rusting brush guard and weld up a new better one soon.

Rusting roof rack has gotta go. I’ll keep the feet and weld up a superior unit this Autumn.

Really fun to drive to and from work while shaking her out.

IMG_5783.jpeg

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As a favor to Tor, I drove to deliver a replaced part from Tor to my friend George. Tor worked on his truck and replaced the steering gear.

George owns three Hummer H1’s.

Turned into a Hummer jamboree and photo op.

IMG_5801.jpegIMG_5800.jpeg

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_5825.jpegIMG_5830.jpegIMG_5828.jpegIMG_5829.jpegToday I swapped in new LED headlights.

My vehicle had some type of upgrade. Halogen or Xenon. I have pictures. There was an energizer on the back of the lights and an extra power plug with a strange connector. It provided crap illumination.

I swapped in Amazon $60 headlights I bought years ago and meant to use on my M1025. Instead I used them for the 1995 Hummer Slantback, and they are much more powerful. I hear they might fog up but I will wait and see. If they fog I will drill in hoses to allow the HVAC to blow them clean just like old hoodtachs from 1969 GTO’s. I’ll hook up the outer headlight “eyes” tomorrow. I got these in just before the Heavens opened up with thunder and lightning.

I took pictures of the difference in illumination between the newer headlights (passengers’ side), and the older headlights with the weird energizers that I guess are Xenon (drivers’ side).

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks