• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Log of my 1995 Hummer

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
1995 with lots of upgrades.

I get her back from Tor Sunday. Then I can start work on her.

Drivers’ heated window replaced. I’ll try to seal some of the old one’s front sided cracks.

Rear brake calipers replaced. All pads replaced.

A/C vacuum hose that was fu<ked up by HummerWhore was replaced. Blower and motor replaced. A/C blows cold. Heat blows hot.

Ball joints replaced.

Hubs checked. Fluids replaced.

CTIS leaks identified as at hub inlets so now I know what to rebuild after I source parts.

Darned CTIS alarm unplugged until I actually engage the CTIS system.

Now time to drive and enjoy.

Last edited:

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shaking her out, driving to work.

New brakes catch/pulsate. Gonna see if a little wear smoothes them out.

A/C drips. Gonna wait on fixing that until Autumn.

Gonna rip off the rusting brush guard and weld up a new better one soon.

Rusting roof rack has gotta go. I’ll keep the feet and weld up a superior unit this Autumn.

Really fun to drive to and from work while shaking her out.

IMG_5783.jpeg

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As a favor to Tor, I drove to deliver a replaced part from Tor to my friend George. Tor worked on his truck and replaced the steering gear.

George owns three Hummer H1’s.

Turned into a Hummer jamboree and photo op.

IMG_5801.jpegIMG_5800.jpeg

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_5825.jpegIMG_5830.jpegIMG_5828.jpegIMG_5829.jpegToday I swapped in new LED headlights.

My vehicle had some type of upgrade. Halogen or Xenon. I have pictures. There was an energizer on the back of the lights and an extra power plug with a strange connector. It provided crap illumination.

I swapped in Amazon $60 headlights I bought years ago and meant to use on my M1025. Instead I used them for the 1995 Hummer Slantback, and they are much more powerful. I hear they might fog up but I will wait and see. If they fog I will drill in hoses to allow the HVAC to blow them clean just like old hoodtachs from 1969 GTO’s. I’ll hook up the outer headlight “eyes” tomorrow. I got these in just before the Heavens opened up with thunder and lightning.

I took pictures of the difference in illumination between the newer headlights (passengers’ side), and the older headlights with the weird energizers that I guess are Xenon (drivers’ side).

Last edited:

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Been busy.

Had a hot second today to make a small change, but it’s the little things that make all the difference.

Rusted lug nuts going away. New black ones from Amazon installed. Cleaned up the wheels nicely. IMG_6017.jpegIMG_6019.jpeg
Old bolts will get muriotic acid and black paint and will be recycled onto the M1025.

Last edited: