• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LOGSA access?

papakb

Has anyone had any luck recently accessing LOGSA to download manuals? They changed something a while back and made it very difficult to download anything.

This site has a wealth of information available for free:

Free Military Army Manuals!

Kurt
KG6KMJ

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just checked and got right in. Actually they have eliminated a few steps so the ETMs are easier to get to.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Likewise I was in there a couple of days ago downloading the M939 -25 manuals, no problems (except the new ones are huge, one is close to 80mb).

Your computer may not like the site because their certificate stuff is out of date. Mine fusses at me until it finally gives me the "well, I warned you, but if you insist, push the 'shut up and do it' button".
It says it in more computer-proper language, but that's how I take it..

Cheers

Wile E. Coyote

What's been happening with LOGSA for awhile on Internet Explorer is that IE doesn't recognize the site certificate and gives you the Danger Invalid Site Certificate recommend-you-do-not-proceed screen. That's bad enough, but even clicking the 'Proceed Anyway' on IE *still* wouldn't get you to the site. At first I thought LOGSA had restricted *all* non-CAC access, but then tried the same experiment in Firefox and life was good.

I've had IE cough up the same 'invalid' hairball on a large number of DoD-flavored sites, actually. You'd figure Microsloth could come up with some patch saying "DoD owned website - proceed anyway?" instead of the same warning they give you when you stumble across the Nigerian Princes Free Money Just Click! sites.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
With the briefings I get in my day job I don't trust any website that causes IE or FF or Chrome to throw up the Cert warning window. DoD sites are hacked almost daily depending on the site along too many .gov sites so if it is warning you there is a reason. Maybe it is just an expired Cert and they don't care, or maybe it's a Chinese or Russian hacker wanting to squirt a nefarious piece of javascript onto your computer.

Feeling lucky?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been going to the LOGSA site for years. Every time I've been there, I get the warning. I don't think they are hacked that much.

Whiterabbit

Most of the DoD sites have expired certs. I work for 'em and it drives me nuts, the constant "just do it anyway" button gets a work out.
Oh,you'll know if you get a bug!

Artisan

I have been grabbing some "A" files from there.

I sure do wish someone could link me to the "B" and "C" files
they might have some place! hint hint...

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Before going into the site, go to tools in upper right of your browser screen. Then Internet Options. Then the advanced tab. Then scroll all the way down. Ensure your TLS 1.0 is checked. Not sure how I found out about this---but what do I know. I don't know Jack...or Jill for that matter.

Wait I just remembered, I did know a Jill once. She called herself "2 Beer Jill". She was a really nice person.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks