• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lone Star Cars, Plano, Texas - CUCV dealer

reallybigboat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lone Star Cars in Plano, Texas (a suburb north of Dallas) advertises CUCV's, both M1008's and M1009's on eBay. I went to the location last weekend to see for myself. I drove-up in my CUCV and they thought I was returning from a test drive!

He has 15-20 CUCV's in stock in various conditions. I had not seen that many in one location, since my last retrieval. Some have been owned by municipalities and painted a different color; some direct from GL. In fact, he had one of the newer Tahoe style MV's with air conditioning on his lot. It looked very nice and was genuine MV. I forget that M-series number and I have not seen too many of those for sale.

One M1008 had been sold and was departing to Oklahoma when we were there. Some vehicles are rusty (bought from MN or a northern state) but the majority of his CUCV's were decent. The M1008 headed to OK was a very nice truck. 'Very nice!

The owner seems reasonably honest, although his eBay prices seem high. I do not know what they actually sell for. He indicated he just won the bid on ~30 more and they should be arriving soon.

If any out-of-town potential buyer is serious about his vehicles, I might be able to swing through and take some close-up pictures and look the vehicle over for you.

Interestingly, most of the M1008's are selling to ranchers who are removing the CUCV bed (and in some cases troop seats and bows) and installing hay beds to be used to feed cattle.

Finally, I have no connection to this dealer; I'm simply an MV owner.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks