• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lonely M817 Ranch Hand

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Attachments

Last edited:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That M817 looked pretty cherry. I am a bit surprised as most trucks from Hawaii show some rust (or worse) unless they are kept inside. Even then, rust is almost inevitable.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There was a Clark Truck parts, Inc. tag down in the lower corner of the driver's door. I've seen their product on their website and You-Tube. They do some really nice refurbing. The truck definitely was not a "GL Jalopy". How long the ranch has had the truck, I don't know. Little if no rust at all.

It's missing a driver windshield and the passenger windshield is cracked. Couldn't see much else wrong on the surface. When I saw it on the move I was too far away to take it all in. It definitely wasn't smoking. Rear duals duals have seen some serious backwoods trail time. Two brand new T-Hawks on the front.

The guides told me the construction crew uses it. Sounded like mostly for ranch road repair work.

When we left and headed south it was down at the macadamia nut farm just down the road with a backhoe. So it does get out on the hardball.

frodobaggins

I went to Kualoa ranch last November. Awesome place. Didn't see that truck though.
Probably a good thing, I'd have been all over it :)

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went to Kualoa ranch last November. Awesome place. Didn't see that truck though.
Probably a good thing, I'd have been all over it :)
It was probably lurking about the ranch. Took me about two seconds in the drive way to zero in on it. I told my son "Whoa! It's a 5 Ton!" He replied, "Cool!" My MV senses were already heightened as I was anticipating my Pinzie ride-a-long. I would of paid extra for a tour of the ranch in it.

pwrwagonfire

very cool! We have 2 M817's and one M818 at work for road construction

They are a blast to use on those nasty firetower roads! Hell, backing them a mile up a twisty washed out road UP a mountain ain't so bad either! :wink:

Attachments

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
PWRWAGONFIRE: I'd love to see more pics of the trucks in action if you have them. Thanks for sharing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks