• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LONG & SLOW! VA to Ft Drum, NY & Back

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did the long haul towing a M108 with a deuce. And it was in hilly PA, was down to 10 mph... Glad you made it, the 109 looks really nice.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm no stranger to towing the weight. Drug my M108 340 miles home but that was on the piggyback device. I'll be going from Camilla GA to Union Point GA. About 200 miles but almost all on 2 lane roads. Too much stop and go but I'll get it done.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great story on the trip, ya you got some big ones to do that trip! I'm sure glad I trailer mine. Nice looking 109 too, but I agree, that's kind of against the law to be running a heater in such nice weather :D I don't let the wife turn the furnace on in the house until November

mark salanco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
thats an awesome story. great job!! I drove my bobbed duce from greenville SC to upstate NY last fall. Wow what a trip..16 hrs and that was just stoping for fuel. The sign in PA should have read Construction next 300 miles lol, I hate Driving through PA.. [thumbzup]

mark salanco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will say this, MAN was my but sore when i got to NY..my best friend has a shop there and we installed a bunch of sound deading material in the cab and also instaled a nice pluch bucket seat..i must say, the 900 mile trip back home was awesom, i didnt have to wear ear plugs and i never got sore [thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks