• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

long term DT466, Cat Motor, Cummins re-powers..use reports..?..

tamangel

Am interested in folks who have swapped out multi-fuels and how their long term use has been? any major problems..would you do it the same again..?

Mike W

HanksDeuce

I've only got 900 miles on the Cummins 5.9L 12-valve that I swapped into my bobbed deuce. The only casualty so far was a Horton fan clutch, but eBay came to the rescue. If you poked me with a stick until I told you a negative to the swap it would probably be the Allison AT545 transmission's 4th gear ratio (1:1). The only 2 ill effects of running the Cummins on the governor for 4 hours coming back from getting the deuce painted: fuel mileage and I burned the paint off the exhaust manifold/bottom of downpipe. I would call that a win.

Freightliner engineered the powertrain package from my bus donor vehicle for the deuce engine swap to 30k GVWR, so it has no issues toting around a 12,500 lb bobbed deuce without a trailer. And I don't actually check my fuel mileage, but I'm sure running the Cummins on the governor would be a lot less economical than at the sweet spot of 1800 rpm.

Would I do it again? You **** right I would!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks