• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

long time gone

bobc

I posted here for the first time back in 05, since that time a lot has happened, I finished the restoration on my M-2-A-1 half-track, I've had many MV's come through my place here, most have gone on to other homes across the nation and over seas, the one project I've wanted to build since I first started dragging home OD stuff was an open cab WW2 Chevy, I was going to cut down one of the CCKW's that I drug home till I found out it was actually a CCKWX with a 4 digit serial number, so it became my yard truck, but I held onto the open cab CCKW in hopes of finding a good G-506 donor truck, this last summer I finally drug home one that I've been trying to get out of an old junk yard for five years, a very clean truck, but missing a few major parts, front axle, gas tank, transfer case, so instead of just putting the open cab body on it I cut both frames and spliced them together, so I'm using all the drive train of the GMC but the bed from the Chevy, I'll post some pictures in the WW2 truck section, because I butchered it the guys over on the other site aren't real happy, so I figured you guys would appreciate it a little more.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks