• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Long time lurker finally got a Deuce

Mandalore

So after lurking for 5 years, I finally got a deuce, or should I say my wife bought me one. From what the auction and the title says, its a 1968 Kaiser Jeep m35a2. Im not sure what branch of service it was in. The only letting/numbering I can find on the truck is painted on the original bumper that is in the bed of the truck. I posted pictures (the bumper is upside down laying on the wench). I saw that there was a ask Carnac thread but I can't seem to add my information to it. Anyways from what I can see it needs new batteries to start with (runs with a jump) and it has no brakes. That is more than likely what I am going to be working on this weekend. Thanks for letting me a part of the community!20150520_114658.jpg20150520_193733.jpg20150520_120934.jpg20150520_120852.jpg20150520_120408.jpg20150520_115802.jpg20150520_115739.jpg20150520_115732.jpg20150520_114739.jpg20150520_193757.jpg

Last edited:

TGP (IL)

Congratulations!
Looks like a decent truck to build on.
I see the folding step on the winch bumper. I just installed one on my A1.
Seems like everything is done from the front bumper or fenders,LOL. The step makes it
A lot easier for this 60+year old guy to get up on!!
Have Fun!
Tom

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A few good mods on that Deuce! The 5ton air filter looks cool and I also like the brush bumper. The spray painted "Scrap" on the tail gate definitely adds flair....I would consider clearcoating that and leaving it, while repainting the rest of the truck! It would be a memento of what the truck looked like when you got it...
:)

Did the FD keep all the original takeoff parts and re-united them with the truck when you got it? If so, that is pretty cool.

FloridaAKM

Congratulations on your first Deuce. You say your wife bought it for you, well then, you are far ahead of the pack as most wives hate the trucks when we bring them home. Welcome aboard & enjoy putting all the parts back on that the FD removed & kept for you.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Carnac no longer can look up truck info.

There is something else in the works so stay tuned.

61sleepercab

Good luck with the Deuce.You may want to try interviewing the previous owners as to the history of the truck. Lots of VFDs got military surplus vehicles for use and lots of them are being sold as surplus on the GSA auction site right now. M715s, Deuces, and Gamma Goats have been seen in the last three months. Happy motoring!!!! MARK

Mandalore

"A few good mods on that Deuce! The 5ton air filter looks cool and I also like the brush bumper. The spray painted "Scrap" on the tail gate definitely adds flair....I would consider clearcoating that and leaving it, while repainting the rest of the truck! It would be a memento of what the truck looked like when you got it...
:smile:

Did the FD keep all the original takeoff parts and re-united them with the truck when you got it? If so, that is pretty cool. "

Thanks! The 5 ton air filter was the first thing that I noticed on it and I have to say I like it, it gives it a different feel. I was actually thinking about sanding it all down and repainting it with OD green rhino lining and then seeing if I can get a custom license plate that says "Scrappy".
Yeah actually they did. The original bumper is the one in the bed with the winch on it and the original fenders and headlights are in the back as well. They are pretty messed up though.

Last edited:

Mandalore

Congratulations on your first Deuce. You say your wife bought it for you, well then, you are far ahead of the pack as most wives hate the trucks when we bring them home. Welcome aboard & enjoy putting all the parts back on that the FD removed & kept for you.
oh yes my wife was excited for me to get it. Been wanting one for over ten years now and she just made it happened. The red paint is chipping off on it and every day she is wanting to break out the pressure washer and to see if she can spray some of it off. She is ready to work on it as much as I do. I got it started this weekend and took her for a ride around our pasture, (truck still has no brakes) and she loved it, but said that WE need to put a muffler on and WE need to insulate the cab. Shes excited.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks