• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Long time lurker....First time poster

ReubenJames

I have been lurking in the shadows for quite some time reading all the great advice on this site. It has helped me quite a bit in finding information that I needed to get "Old Blue" running. I got is for $500 from a local police dept (used to be a Bomb Squad truck hence the ugly blue paint) and someone had tried to steal it (red/blue lights, siren and all) by punching the steering column. No batteries but who said theives are smart. Got the column from Hillybilly Wizard and got is installed with a lot of reading from this site. The truck had not been started in over two years but fired on the first crank. Decided to go further since it is now running and changed the oil and filter. Bad new I am pretty sure since there are a lot of small non ferrous shaving in the oil and filter. Not much of a mechanic but willing to learn. I am planning on pulling the pan but am not sure what I should be looking for other than obvious signs of wear. Any pointers would greatly be appreciated.

ReubenJames

Thanks guys. I talked to a local diesel mechanic that I know and trust and he thought I shoud keep flushing out the oil system and check the IP. He said that he has seen quite a few of those go bad and cause the same symptoms. Got my fingers crossed cause a rebuilt IP is alot cheaper then my other alternatives.

cucv1833

Thanks guys. I talked to a local diesel mechanic that I know and trust and he thought I shoud keep flushing out the oil system and check the IP. He said that he has seen quite a few of those go bad and cause the same symptoms. Got my fingers crossed cause a rebuilt IP is alot cheaper then my other alternatives.
Welcome to SS
I would just change ALL fluids and filters and enjoy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks