• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Longer Wheel Studs

wehring

I have been searching the forum with no luck. Does anyone have the part number for EXTENDED wheel studs? I need +1/2"

Thanks,

Justin

ucfjeeper

If odiron.com doesn't have them, chuckstruck.net sells them. I would have to be red river parts, boyce equipment, or memphis equipment would have them as well.

SilentSpeedy

:ditto:Got the same problem, I notice on the given website they are offering 5 different lengths. There I don't know the original length I don't know which one's to order for my 5 ton.:oops: Any one know the answer? My studs are about 1/2" shy of covering the lug.

Last edited:

M920

I have been searching the forum with no luck. Does anyone have the part number for EXTENDED wheel studs? I need +1/2"

Thanks,

Justin

Justin,

I got tired of messing around with changing out the studs so I came up with a diffrent solution: I was told in the past on this board to use Budd-caps.... but I just don't like the way it does not let the wheel bottom against the hub/drum face.
So I took the Budd-caps and machined them down on the back side to where the taper is gone and the cap will sit flat against the hub/drum face. Now it acts just like the stud on the outer wheel of a dual wheel set-up and the wheel sits tight against the hub/drum when installed.....just like it is supposed to.
Just make sure to use a carbide cutting tool on the lathe since the Budd-caps are slightly hardened. I also use blue Loctite when I put the modified caps on to the studs to prevent them from comming loose when I remove the outer nuts....

Soni

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks