• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Look for a Tow Bar near VA

deshet

Looking for a Tow Bar near VA Beach

I don't know where to post this but I am looking for a Military Heavy or Medium tow bar near Virginia Beach VA.
Can someone explain how the Military Axle Straps work? Do they move around once engaged and are they for limited use only?

I see them online but I am hoping to avoid the shipping charges and buy the right thing once.

I have reviewed enough posts that state not to use the new style HMMWV bar because of defects. Trying to move a 2 1/2 ton lmtv

Thanks

Last edited:

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
You will have to get the U joint tool and pull both driveshafts if you want to flat tow. You can pull the rear axle shafts and lift the front with a wrecker. How far do you want to go? Might be cheaper to pay a hd tow company to move it, if its a short distance. What are you planning on using to tow it? I like the ibis towbar. I only know of the one posted incident of a failure and from the pics its clear something bound up to have the bar break like it did.
Will

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You will have to get the U joint tool and pull both driveshafts if you want to flat tow. You can pull the rear axle shafts and lift the front with a wrecker. How far do you want to go? Might be cheaper to pay a hd tow company to move it, if its a short distance. What are you planning on using to tow it? I like the ibis towbar. I only know of the one posted incident of a failure and from the pics its clear something bound up to have the bar break like it did.
Will
Oh no! The cursed IBIS!!! I love mine and it has served me well.

DiverDarrell

Steel Soldiers Supporter
700 miles seems like a bit of a run for a flat tow. I would look at cost of having it shipped on a trailer, vs the round trip fuel, hotels, food, and unknown working brake systems on the truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks