• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LOOK OUT!! NO BRAKES!!!!!

AKJEEP

Because I was purging brake fluid every time I let off the pedal, I decided it was time to rebuild my air-hydrualic unit (booster) on my '65. Now I don't lose anymore fluid, but it doesn't seem to "boost" when I gradually apply brakes. If I brake hard, the pedal is a rock, and there is NO application of the shoes - she just keeps glidin' along - much to the horror of the little faces in the rearveiw mirror in front of me at the stoplight. What did I do wrong? I followed step-by-step the overhaul procedures in TM 9-2320-209-34-2-1

Is this something simple I overlooked, or is it a re-do??? :?:

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is an error on page 12-45 of that manual. In the note on top of the page they have the descriptions of the pushrod seal and the piston cup reversed.
When you take the airpak apart the first time, make sure to take notes.
If the pushrod seal leaks, then you'll have no brakes.

AKJEEP

Hmm....I am pretty sure I caught that. I was careful to take note of how each component came apart, and when in doubt, I went with that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks