• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Look what followed me home...

Pinz25086

I have been away from the board for quite some time. My youngest son went away to college and most (all) of my toy money went to finance his education. Fast forward a few years and he has graduated and now I’m finally at a point that I can go back to playing with trucks. My son and I started to go through the process of bringing the Pinz back to life. Needing parts, he started looking using the net. He stumbled on a 710K in Jacksonville at a great price. After trying for over a week to get me to even look, I finally agreed to go with him to check it out. Well long story short, I ended up working a deal on it and brought it back home. Now I have a M and a K in the driveway but most of my toy money to bring the M back to life is tied up again. At least I can cherry pick the best parts from each to make one nice one.

51B59E19-FAC3-4F88-BA9D-09CD88BD5C86.jpeg95B15BB6-3345-4946-A30E-1C32002FC09A.jpeg55B25E73-DAC6-4BB1-AE9E-8295629B87D1.jpeg6EE46268-139C-4784-80D2-C1F2D57F09BE.jpeg66BF1E4C-323E-4E6E-95C6-BB78FD8C33C3.jpeg

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on the 710s that green one looks really nice!! I was looking a 712 a few years ago and saw an add for one out of florida if I remember correctly and didnt call the owner and about a month or so later I saw the add again. Of course the add was gone a couple days later and again I just thought it was sold. Well a couple months after that I saw the add AGAIN and this time I called the owner. Very terse verging on rude fellow he was asking 14K for the truck and I finally got him to describe it a little and asked if he was open to offer? After a couple minutes of him telling me how worthless offers were he finally said he would listen. I offered him 12,500 thinking he would come back and say either yes, no or come back with a counter? Well he just called me a dreamer and hung up on me! What a prick! If the truck was as nice as it looked I would have likely paid him his asking price but with an attitude like that I would not pay a penny for it, I bought a Unimog instead!
Your pinz is beautiful have fun with it, extremely capable little trucks!

Guyfang

Staff member
Last year, when I went to an old furniture factory, turned into a Photovoltaic farm, (had a HUGE roof) we had to chase wires. Inside in a corner were 3 Pinz's. All looking good. One had some minor scrapes and a light broken out. But looking good. There were a lot of other very interesting vehicles there also. I had been there 5-6 years ago, and took some pictures. But this time the guy that let us in was not about to let us take any pictures. Someone had try to break in twice. Can understand. Last time there were 4 Pinz's. He sold one.

INFChief

I have been away from the board for quite some time. My youngest son went away to college and most (all) of my toy money went to finance his education. Fast forward a few years and he has graduated and now I’m finally at a point that I can go back to playing with trucks. My son and I started to go through the process of bringing the Pinz back to life. Needing parts, he started looking using the net. He stumbled on a 710K in Jacksonville at a great price. After trying for over a week to get me to even look, I finally agreed to go with him to check it out. Well long story short, I ended up working a deal on it and brought it back home. Now I have a M and a K in the driveway but most of my toy money to bring the M back to life is tied up again. At least I can cherry pick the best parts from each to make one nice one.

View attachment 866162View attachment 866163View attachment 866164View attachment 866165View attachment 866166
Geez, don’t strip anything off of either one until you’ve exhausted a search for the parts you need. I’ll bet there’s people all over Germany and Europe who can hook you up. Shoot, but a 3rd and use that to make one for you & one for your son….

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice looking 710K. I'm very familiar with the 712M. Great trucks. Good luck and keep us posted on the progress.

Mark

Bow is my buddies Pinz and my M101A2

pinz-with-trailer-002_zps7dce9227.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks