• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Look what I found and where!

Csm Davis

I was removing the under dash wiring harness in my M1028 to replace it with one that's not all chopped up and I looked across towards the glovebox and saw a piece of Kraft paper and thought it was some insulation or just paper but to my surprise it is a lost gift! How do I know it is a gift? It is marked, To CW Taylor From Spc Covington.

Attachments

Keith_J

24 volt units? If the thread is right, you can use them without the ballast resistor. Better since glowplugs will fail in cascade once one fails with ballast resistor. Each failed glowplug increases voltage to the remaining by 12.5%.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
24 volt units? If the thread is right, you can use them without the ballast resistor. Better since glowplugs will fail in cascade once one fails with ballast resistor. Each failed glowplug increases voltage to the remaining by 12.5%.
Not with a stock controller. It will see that the voltage didn't drop and open/close the relay rapidly.

Last edited:

M1031CMT

I prefer the CUCV's as well. Though I would not refuse one if someone wanted to give me a humvee :wink:

Oh well, you can make a bit of cash by putting them up in the classified section. Will give you more money for the CUCV!

donalloy1

Wish I could find a nugget or two on mine. So far no hidden jewels. She was pretty much unmolested though when I found her. That being said, very happy with my 09!
:driver:

Keith_J

I prefer the CUCV's as well. Though I would not refuse one if someone wanted to give me a humvee :wink:

Oh well, you can make a bit of cash by putting them up in the classified section. Will give you more money for the CUCV!

I can see we are on the same sheet of music. Still waiting on my EUC to clear on the M1031. The most useful CUCV around, unless you are in need of medical care.

I'll be using mine for building fences. The generator is perfect for my welder (3 phase) with only one engine to maintain. Plus the compressor to power the t-post driver.

HMMWVs are clumsy and drink the fuel.

ryan77

All ive ever found was a dried up bag of weed, used condom and empty shell casings!! Must have one heck of a good time in that m1009!!!:shock:

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was removing the under dash wiring harness in my M1028 to replace it with one that's not all chopped up and I looked across towards the glovebox and saw a piece of Kraft paper and thought it was some insulation or just paper but to my surprise it is a lost gift! How do I know it is a gift? It is marked, To CW Taylor From Spc Covington.
Ha - no wonder you told me your M1028 was "off limits" while I was scavaging parts off your M1009s... :-D

I was thinking maybe you scored a M1911 or M9 pistol (one can "dream" right?), but those glo-plugs make good tradin' bait to those who can use them...

Good score and story Jeff...8)

i found money and tools in my army m1008 this one was pretty unmolested also fresh off fort meade army base in maryland im the 3rd owner whichis why i havent been to worried about salein it anytime soon gotta go thru that eventually and get it running im not a fan of the hummers either i thought the cucvs were bad about upkeep the hummers are worse :] my chevy is easier to work on and it looks better a hummer is to cramped ;]