• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looked at an M1008 this weekend.

rlutech

So I looked at an '84 M1008 this weekend. It was a pretty nice rig. Had 48,000 miles on the odo. It started and ran very well (was about 40 degrees outside). The truck appeared completely original except a set of 34" super swamped tires on some 8" steel spoked wheels (very very noisy on the test drive). It had some minor surface rust and dents here and there, but for an '84, I was rather impressed with its condition overall.

The guy is selling after only about a month of owning it which is kind of odd, but I couldn't find any red flags while inspecting and driving the truck. He claims he paid $4500.00 for the truck, and is willing to sell it for a $200 loss. So my question at this point is...is $4300.00 a fair price? Don't see many rigs in Wisconsin without serious rust.

Also, the tires on the truck are cool, but I would definatly get a set of all terrain style tires for it to use on the road. I would like to find a set of the factory steel wheels that came on the M1008's. Are these wheels plentiful, and what would a good set run?

thank you.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Better make sure it has the factory drive axles. A member here just found out he was shafted on an M1010 purchase. Better yet, post detailed pics.

rlutech

Better make sure it has the factory drive axles. A member here just found out he was shafted on an M1010 purchase. Better yet, post detailed pics.
Yea, it had the 10 1/2" rear full floater and the DANA 60 up front. Looked to be the factory leaf springs all of the way around. Just not sure if it's worth $4300.00 or if this guy is just trying to flip this truck trying to make a few bucks?

Skinny

If its a clean rig that has been serviced properly and turn key...probably worth that especially if the rust/rot is very low. It all boils down to what you are willing to pay for it. Why not go in at $3300 and worse case meet him half way if he goes for it. Worst he can say is no.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Parts trucks are fetching near $2000 at auction these days. Maybe he is flipping it, maybe he bought it for a pittance. Bottom line is a decent minimal rust truck fetches that all day long.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks