• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lookign for first deuce... NorCal

Rick530

Been looking for my first deuce and found this one. Think its a good deal or not?
VERY CLEAN,M35A2 MILITARY 6X6 POWER STEERING MODEL 2.5 TON MILITARY TROOP CARRIER

TRUCK IS A DEPOT OVERHAUL VEHICLE, 2/91, ENGINE, TRANSMISSION, TRANSFER CASE, DIFFERENTIALS. BODY, INCL GLASS, ALL ELECTRICAL, NO RUST ANYWHERE, LOW MILES, EXCELLENT TIRES, ALL LATEST MWO'S INCLUDING LATE STYLE HYDRAVAC UNIT AND MASTER CYLINDER, RIFLE RACKS,

ONLY 22211 MILES, 786 HOURS. INCLUDES TROOP SEATS, PERSONNEL HEATER KIT, BRAND NEW STEERING BOX AND COLUMN ASSY, THIS TRUCK IS EXCEPTIONALLY CLEAN, AND IS TOTALLY RUST FREE. COMES WITH ALL OPERATORS TOOLS,OPERATORS MANUAL, JACK, JACK HANDLE, OPERATORS TOOL KIT, WARNING TRIANGLE. completely rebuilt in 1992, including engine is Continental Turbo Diesel, with only 752 hours. asking 5k for it.

Attachments

wsucougarx

Well, 5k seems a bit much. But considering the fact the GL deuces are drying up. We're up against supply/demand. 5 months ago I got a 1971 M35A2 just overhauled w/brand new paint, brand new fiberglass troop seats, brand new cargo cover. The truck was immaculant for 1800. Today, the average deuce price on the west coast thru GL is now 2500-3500. To me, 5k is way too much.

wsucougarx

Only 22k miles is relative. What I mean by that is, it all depends on how this truck was driven. 22k miles could be good to go, then again it could be way too much based upon the operator of the truck. Remember these trucks are multi-fuel engines. There's an article in here dated in the '60's detailing the multifuel engine life at being around only 10,000 miles. Now taking considerations that the truck is a depot rebuild, I'm sure it is extended. Unless you actually listen to the motor and get to drive it, 22k miles shouldn't be the sole factor in your decision to buy this truck

Rick530

This one for 5k is the cheapest one I've found so far here in CA. Theres a surplus store just north of me that wants 10k for one that isent in as good shape. Every place I've been told to call about having these tells me they dont have any and havent seen any come in for awhile. This truck is currently in a museum and the owner rents MV out to studios for tv and movie static shots. Anyone in the know in the LA area that would be willing to drop by and look this over and give me a educated opinion on this truck? I dont know much about these trucks other than there big and mean looking and my dad put alot of miles in one while stationed in Alaska and has alot of stories concerning these trucks. He looked like a kid in a candy store when I told him I was looking for one to buy.

wsucougarx

Have you considered a Gov't Liquidation truck? Barstow, CA Camp Pendleton? You'd save yourself a couple thousand by going this route. In fact you could buy a deuce and have it trucked to NorCal for cheaper than 5k

Rick530

Have you considered a Gov't Liquidation truck? Barstow, CA Camp Pendleton? You'd save yourself a couple thousand by going this route. In fact you could buy a deuce and have it trucked to NorCal for cheaper than 5k
No I havent. I'm just a few miles from Beale AFB..., wonder what they have to get rid of. Have a link or anything for the GL sales?

gunboy1656

Is that what the new reserve is for that? I was going to get a set of gunring legs off him, until I figured shipping would cost em more then the legs.

Ultimately it is your choice to spend it, and before i found this site I would not have thought twice about it, but since there are quite a few trucks cheaper, well...... keep looking.

Scott

Rick530

Is that what the new reserve is for that? I was going to get a set of gunring legs off him, until I figured shipping would cost em more then the legs.

Ultimately it is your choice to spend it, and before i found this site I would not have thought twice about it, but since there are quite a few trucks cheaper, well...... keep looking.

Scott
Yeah I'm glad I found this site. Nice to be able to have people in the know to ask questions too.

Would also be interested in a bobbed deuce as to bypass the class b lecense deal. ANyone know of anyone in CA that has for sale or does bobbin gon these trucks?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
For $5K, something better be NICE and have all the toys-winch, hardtop, spring ride seats, west coast mirrors, air shift AND have a REAL paint job-like sandblasted and stripped and done correctly.

There is a guy on ebay who has been selling some really clean trucks, they are are on the high side of price but his paint jobs look good in the pics, I think he must be doing something more than the average pressure wash and quickie weekend spray.

eBay Store – C and C Equipment: Search results for.

Disclaimer: I have no connection with this guy, I know he is on SS, that's it.

Personally, I would look on Government Liquidation.

Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to spend, preview some trucks and get to bidding. Befriend someone on SS who has a deuce and a towbar and if you find the truck has a mechanical problem when you go to pick it up, you have a way of getting it home.

Trucks & Truck Tractors for sale by auction

Also, there are a lot of people on SS who are buying and selling trucks and although you will pay more, you will be able to test drive the truck, go over it in detail and you will get nice clean paperwork ready to go to your DMV.

Welcome to the site!

dburt

You might want to check out www.Idahomotorpool.com and look over thier inventory. They go over the trucks they sell, and you get to test drive it and look it over before you buy it, no surprises. Sometimes you can get bit by a GL truck, the "good deal for only $1,200" can become a money pit when you get it home and have to dump alot of $$ into it to get it up to specs. Some guys prefer to go the safe route and not gamble on an unknown.

Hammer

Problem with getting deuces from GL on the west coast.
Ft Lewis in WA has nice ones going through there, especially in the last year!
Barstow on the other hand has mostly JUNK going through there. Most would take a lot of $ to bring up to the level of that truck.

Hammer

Oh, I have a pretty nice 71 you can have for $3500 :)
Already has CA Historic Vehicle Plates on it. Drive it home.

Sorry, couldn't resist pitching one of my own vehicles.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks