• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

lookin for a m197 dolly

davey8943

:ditto:

I haven't seen one for sale... But then, I haven't ever really looked for one either ( I have sort of assumed they are awful spendy...)

Good luck with your search, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread!

Dave

Tlauden

Ive often wondered if a civi one would work?? just change the electrical plugs your good to go right?

EDIT: would this setup be considered a tandem trailer setup??

one eye

i want to be correct and the six lug m35 wheels all can interchange. my other half is on board with this turning a m146 into rv so i am goin with it the cost will be ok. but i am also realy cheap

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M146 + M197 is a worthy combination for an RV-MV.

If one where to "drop into my lap" I would be "one happy camper".

I've located the trailer, but won't approach the owner until I have a Dolly to tow it home. (local recovery).

QUESTION...

Are the brakes air-over-hydraulic like the Deuce, or are we looking at actual air-brakes on these trailers and dollies?

Thanks

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The M146 + M197 is a worthy combination for an RV-MV.

If one where to "drop into my lap" I would be "one happy camper".

I've located the trailer, but won't approach the owner until I have a Dolly to tow it home. (local recovery).

QUESTION...

Are the brakes air-over-hydraulic like the Deuce, or are we looking at actual air-brakes on these trailers and dollies?

Thanks
depends on the trailer some air, others air over hyd. and also the dolly, civis are air, I have seen both kinds with mil. dollys

Last edited:

one eye

yah i got a good deal on the m146 but can not recover it til i have a dolly. the guy is a friend of mine so no rush. it has no mold and the wood is in great shape so a good base for a rv for the family and me

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
ONE other thought, IF you go the dolly/trailer route, you need to install the "AIR BRAKE CONTROL" lever like the tractors have, yoiu will be surprised how much you use this, with out, you stand the chance of having your trailer try to pass you, even more so with a 4 wheel trailer (dolly, trailer, 2 pivot points)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
SECO in Augusta GA had them a while back. The M200 is an attractive alternative and has the same wheels and tires as a deuce. armyman30yearsplus built a nice one. Actually I think its the one in the pic you posted.
Edit, confirmed that, the pic you posted of the 146 backed up to a rail car is actually an M200 coverted to a dolly by armyman30yearsplus.

muddog

Would building a tow dolly be a issue with the DOT. I have everything to build my own dolly but have'nt started yet as I have an M818. Just wanted a backup in case I needed it, or somebody else needed to use it.
Harold.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks