• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking 4 gears

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are literally hundreds of vendors on the web for a re-gear. Just takes a click and a credit card. :wink:

Iceman3005

I just installed a 700r4, now I can go 70mph at 2500 rpms instead of the 2800 rpms I was at when going 55mph, rpms are 1900 at 55 now. Plus my first gear is a lot lower than the turbo 400, can do wheel burnouts now. Might not be as heavy duty as the 400 but a lot cheaper than changing gears and carriers.

Chief_919

I just installed a 700r4, now I can go 70mph at 2500 rpms instead of the 2800 rpms I was at when going 55mph, rpms are 1900 at 55 now. Plus my first gear is a lot lower than the turbo 400, can do wheel burnouts now. Might not be as heavy duty as the 400 but a lot cheaper than changing gears and carriers.
This is the way to go. You keep the low gears for torque and towing ability, and have the OD for highway driving when you are not towing.

And it costs less.

12vctd

A properly built 700r4 will last a very long time behind a 6.2. You can get both front and rear gears a carrier and install kits for 300 bucks? please tell me your source as I will buy 3 sets?

rickf

A properly built 700r4 will last a very long time behind a 6.2. You can get both front and rear gears a carrier and install kits for 300 bucks? please tell me your source as I will buy 3 sets?

I will take ONE set of gears for 300.00! Oh, I think that is what you meant.:oops: As was said you have to do both ends. A built 700R4 is every bit as strong as a 400. The rebuild kits for a 700R4 are fairly cheap also.

Rick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks