• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking at a M35A2

M35 Owner Wannabe

Well I've been searching for the right one and I think I've found It! Heres a description of it and some pics, M35a2 Truck #633 1974, 6X6, Turbo Diesel, 5 speed with high and low transfer, Air Shift Transfer, new batteries, runs good, 14,643 miles. $6,500 (It's from Idaho Motor Pool) I talked to the guy and he said it runs great and I could drive It home If I wanted to.

http://p8.hostingprod.com/@idahomotorpool.com/pictures/truck633-2.jpghttp://p8.hostingprod.com/@idahomotorpool.com/pictures/truck633-3.jpg

So what do you think?http://p8.hostingprod.com/@idahomotorpool.com/pictures/truck633-3.jpg

gunboy1656

$6500 is way to pricey, I am getting a very nice wich truck for $4000. Looking at your location, your going to spend a fortune on shipping alone.

Not to mention reading your sig. line you got some time yet before your getting it so it will probably be gone by then anyway. So my opinion keep looking.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are some $6,500+ trucks but most are not. For $6,500 I'd expect a truck with no rust anywhere, no leaks, fully serviced, fresh paint, and new tires. It wouldn't have to be a show winner for me to pay $6,500 but it better be a really good one.

dentman

Prices are case by case, and as such are difficult to nail down. I can share with you what I bought 2 weeks ago;

1971 deuce with a whistler turbo, which was important to me, winch, hard top, cab heater, troop seats and bows, body in good to better than good shape, couple bent angles here and there. one rust spot in the bed corner and one very small one in the fender. the rest is in good order. I bought it from a private seller who apparently buys and sells them. thats fine with me as he does alot of the legwork i cant/dont want to do. like the following;

he shipped it to his place thats only 50 miles from my place, i drove it home
he changed the oil and gave the truck a general lookover; brakes, tires etc etc
did all the lighting, bulbs, etc etc
he USED the truck for up to 4 months around his country property ( reliability)
he got the EUC and SF97's already
he allowed me to come up and poke around it, test drive and "kick the tires"

in my opinion it was a good deal, not the best but good. I paid 3800.

Last edited:

roscoe

I agree with the above. Don't get in a hurry there are lots of nice trucks out there. If you plan on spending 6,500 you got a lot to choose from. You could even get a couple.:-D

dentman

forgot to add, i bought it from a steel soldier member, look him up on the classifieds. good dude as far as I can see. zb39 IIRC, he's out of western PA

M35 Owner Wannabe

Well I only want one (so far) and i can do some stuff on it like cosmetic work and stuff and for the mechanical stuff my gramps owns a repair shop. if any of you Know where I can get a descent truck for a descent price PM me please, and Im also already saving i got my first job making $8 an hour working for my town!

hand grenade

i picked up an M35A2 a couple weeks ago and have been driving it about every other day with no problems. Runs great, all the lghts/guages work, good top, interior, and paint without rust. Only paid $2000 for it. Just thinking that you could have three of mine for that one and about 5 fill ups in fuel makes me think its over priced.

blacktop

I am a new m35 owner, you will love the truck.I think the price is steep. I found a couple trucks around locally, they were nice but I waited and did my home work and ended up with 2 very nice winch trucks for the price of one of the others I had looked at. I wanted one in a hurry but it was worth the wait. Read the posts and take some wisdom from the members here and you will get what you want at a fair price.This is a great forum.