• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking at buying an m1009, thoughts on price?

nhoffman94

A buddy of mine that works for a dealership/runs his own car sales business has a very clean m1009 out of a wyoming national guard unit. It has 98,000 miles very clean underhood with labeled maintenance (such as what has been replaced w/miles) event has tags on radiator for when they did the coolant flush. Starts right up, no cranking hit the key once and she fires. Nice about being from wyoming is they use sand on the roads so the underbody is very clean, no rust except minor surface, the factory paint is still on the frame and even the bolts do not look corroded. steering is very tight and the trucks handles well compared to my 90 k5 chivy with a plow that has 1-2 inches of play in the steering. has 5 brand new 31" tires. The interior has been stripped the seats are all there as well as a brand new spare, looks like factory tool kits. It has been repainted with carc od green, but i believe it was by the military as all the markings are in tact etc.

It is being sold through a dealership and they are asking $4,250 as this is what they sell all their cucv's for. I know and have worked with the owner of the blazer and he hasnt had any issues with it. supposedly this one has been dialed in for winter. the good thing is they do take trade ins and i have an 02 trailblazer with 135,000 on it and its fair share of issues, most of which are computer related and i am sick of that i would trade on it. the value is close to the asking price and honestly working on my 1990 is way better than this 02 and for a daily driver im looking forward to having a diesel as the 5.7 is horrible on mileage.

What are you thoughts?

Attachments

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
price...

Sounds like your are buying from Motorsource Inc. ? Go over the truck very close and drive it as much as they will let you. $4250.00 is not bad if it's in good shape.

David

Last edited:

nhoffman94

Yep, i Know one of the guys that works there and this is his personal one, he has too many cars and wants to sell it. It drives very well and like i said starts right up and has no rust aside from VERY minimal surface rust on the frame rails. As you may able able to tell by going to the website it is not listed there and the only one the have listed, which looks as if it has been gone through (truck bed lined floors, seat cover, fresh paint and dash) is an m1008, and definitly was treated roughly before they cleaned it up.

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to SS! Nice truck at a nice price! If this is the truck you want, do the Doghead mod, change all the fluids, and enjoy your new truck! I like the sliding rear window on the driver side. Opening that window helps flush out all the heat in the summer. Front and rear lifting shackles are easy to get. The antenna mount points are nice too! I strongly recommend reading everything you can on this site about the CUCV, as well as downloading the TMs.

nhoffman94

yeah, i've been on here looking around for a good while now and i've finally found one clean enough to justify paying a premium for and still within my price range.

Sajer

I bought mine from them a couple years ago after few failed attempts through the GL.
Good guys to work with and they will let you run around with it for awhile to see how they run. I think I spent about 5 hours there looking over 4 or 5 of them before settling on the one i bought.

It was fairly clean of rust and the paint job was newer , so IDK if they did it or it was done before it was released. Mine had been in Croatia until the late 90's from what I could piece together from some of the left overs in the truck i found.

After talking with the guys there they told me I would have no issues driving the truck 2+ hours home and if it did break down for some reason, they would reimburse me for the towing.

nhoffman94

yeah they are pretty confident there, they have almost all used government vehicles which they buy directly from the government and military. They dont get anything from gl as they think it is just parts trucks there, or at least the ones left for dead. they have deuces, military motorcycle and even had a pretty sweet lifted m1010 i think when i was there. A lot of the guys have military trucks of thier own as well. Hoping to be driving the m1009 home this saturday, wish me luck.